Lemon??? Vmax? HELP!!!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill, I think it's time to make some noise. 8 weeks waiting, scratches to parts and bad communication from dealer, I don't think so!

A registered letter to Yamaha or the dealer from a lawyer should get there attention.

I had a Ford Ranger a few years back with 18 warranty repairs in a year in a half - they had the truck in for repairs for a total of 9 weeks - I short paid my last loan payment by 2 months and when Ford Credit called demanding their money, I told him to to take me to court - they never did and I never heard from them again.

Good luck

Mike

SORRY ABOUT YOUR BIKE ! BUT I CAN FEEL YOUR PAIN ! MINE'S AN "06" , HOW CAN I FIND OUT ABOUT THIS RECALL ?:ummm:

call e-mail registered letter call again and then call again

squeaky wheel

when it comes to non existent customer service these days persistence is the key

Yamaha is not the only company with lousy customer service....it is a trend in today's throw away world

Bill

check this post out on another forum I am part of...

http://www.ncsportbikes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9007&highlight=djhartm

This guy had to get a lawyer to fight this dealership and get american honda to replace his bike...so it can be done.

This is just the summary of his story but if you want i can get all the details. He had a bum bike, brought in to get fixed, the dealership couldn't fix it, tryed to blame it on him and sent him packing and cut off communications, therefore he had to get a lawyer...blah blah blah...new bike.

Sorry about your problems.

Just tryin to help out.:punk:

Ok, I probably was taking this a bit too far calling it a lemon. I got her back today in great shape for having the engine out to change the head gaskets. Bike runs great. Well it even seems a bit snappier than before, maybe because I was losing compression with the leak. I'm still pissed that I lost 8 weeks of riding. Talked to a lawyer about it and here in NY Lemon laws are weaker than Autos. Since they could fix it and that the waiting period was due to parts being ordered half way through fixing it, the only real thing I could sue over is leangth of time and it didn't seem worth the hastle and I do want to go back there since this is the only dealer that I would even think about returning to. Around the capital distict of Albany, NY it seems like all these shops do is sell bikes or oil changes. When I called around looking for dealers to fix her, most were stearing me away from thier bussiness as to the nature of what needed to be done. One even refused because I didn't purchase the bike at thier shop. Anyone else have 07 head gasket issues? They said recall as if it was a big deal, but I couldn't find much info on it. Again, it wasn't the gasket that failed, but the lack of torque on the bolts. Still can't believe they had this issue. All I can say is if anyone has this problem, think off season to repair. BBL, I'm off to put some miles on this baby!!!:punk:

I had an '07 and never received anything from Yamaha re: recall on head gaskets.

Glad you got her back. Yeehaw!
Recall wasn't for all 07's it was for certain Vin numbers. I'm guessing that the motors were assembled incorrectly for only a period of time.

I have an 06. The 07 are identical. I don't think they changed a thing. Just changed the date on the vin.
And in all my forum reading I've never heard of any recall on any year.
Is it something no one ever talks about?

Latest posts

Back