Lighting up the night

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just an FYI i've said it before, the sylvannia silverstar ultras (altho $28 a pop) get comments all the time how well they work.

I have one of these on mine. Much brighter but it's not the lumens that's the problem IMO. It's the pattern. Mine is great on low beam, but on high it shoots it up at the trees.

I get on my SV with its two headlights and it's amazing the difference.

When running the 100 you'll want to put the relay kit in for sure! Ask Maleko what he did with his 100W bulb... It WILL burn leather... :biglaugh:

Chris

You could always kill two birds with one stone and get one of these :biglaugh:

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    31.1 KB
  • nightfighter-bellypan-click.jpg
    nightfighter-bellypan-click.jpg
    55.9 KB
I seen those I have Piaa lights and yes the are very bright goes way beyond my bike light. I see lots of methods to mount none that I liked it will look better thinking of the cyber max light.
I have lived at my place now for 10 years and have hit 7 deer and two turkeys with my trucks. I come home around 12:30 am from work and see anywhere from 5-20 deer a night ( I am only 10 miles from work). I lost a friend who hit a deer on his bike and I dont plan on going out like that. These light up both sides of the ditches and beyond plus have a futher range than my high beams. Riding back roads in western new york with out enough lighting at night is a death sentance. I will post more pics in my photo album so it can bee seen more there not that noticable.
I say you're doing the wise thing by putting as much light on the road as possible. No matter what you can only get so much light output out of one bulb and adding additional bulbs is the way to go. What type of pattern are you using a wider "driving light" or the long narrower projected pattern?
The deer are everywhere here too as well as the small ones that like to run out of the tall grass along side of the road. Even with the SS and relay mod that I have, which is far, far superior to stock, there's not much you can do if a deer jumps in front of you.

I say you're doing the wise thing by putting as much light on the road as possible. No matter what you can only get so much light output out of one bulb and adding additional bulbs is the way to go. What type of pattern are you using a wider "driving light" or the long narrower projected pattern?
The deer are everywhere here too as well as the small ones that like to run out of the tall grass along side of the road. Even with the SS and relay mod that I have, which is far, far superior to stock, there's not much you can do if a deer jumps in front of you.

There called Dichroic lights they are bright as stated both side of the ditches and beyond high beeams there unaffected by fog no glare back which is nice on foggy night you can look the up on the link provided hope this help and they have complete kits with mounts if thats what your looking for.
http://www.piaa.com/Powersports/lamps.html

Last edited:
Okay, here's the report on the fleabay bargain $3 55/100w bulb.

Quality: Nice. Came well packaged, the bulbs have a good tip on them, and the low beam mirror is straight.

Brightness: Low beam is what you'd expect, if maybe a teeny bit "whiter"/brighter than the who-knows-how-old bulb it replaced. Throw distance is about the same.
As for the high beam, it's better. Not a tremendous night-into-day thing, but it does throw a little farther and seem to "spread" a little better than the old one, as in the sides/ ditches of the road are lit up brighter and farther than before. Is it worth $3? Definetly. I got mine from "Catz Lights" on eBay.

I rode the bike for probably an hour today on hi beam and checked the wiring when I got back, keeping the key on. None of the wires to the connecter seemed abnormally warm, and inspecting the connector didn't turn up any evidence of heat.

I guess time will tell if the discount bulbs don't last as long, but at least IME a bulb is either DOA or it works as long as you expect. Never had a bulb work for only a few hours and then crap out, but we'll see.

What happened with the other person who used the 100W bulb? I did like 250 miles today with the hi beam on the whole time and so far haven't had any issues with excessive heat or wiring, it was like 85 out today. I really don't see why putting in a relay would be necessary.

I've had the same 55W100 bulb in a Max for over 10 years with no problems. Don't know if it makes a difference but it is a high quality German bulb, not Chinese.

Woodsman if you do go with a cybermax and piaa bulbs you may have to step up to a venture stator or you may want to check to see how much current the lights you added are drawing from you charging system. JIM

Latest posts

Back