looking for a helmet

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No interior visor but Snell-approved according to the info. No-tools shield change.

Part#: 894513
SIZE SEGMENT: Adult
SIZE: L
COLOR: Silver
ANTI FOG: Yes
DESIGN: Solid
DOT APPROVED: Yes
MARKETING COLOR: Light Silver
MATERIAL: Fiberglass
MATERIAL (SECONDARY): Kevlar?
small_sale.gif
List Price: $209.95
Sale Price: $188.96
You Save: $20.99​
Now in Stock

• Ventilation system: adjustable, indexed front and rear vents with aero-tuned rear spoiler reduce lift, create vacuum and maximize airflow through helmet
  • Breath deflector: enhanced, fog-free performance
  • SNELL/D.O.T. certified
  • KwikWick? moisture-wicking helmet liner and cheek pads: breathable, easily removable and washable
  • Fiberglass-Kevlar composite engineered shell: quiet, aero-tuned design for wind-tunnel tested comfort. EPS-lined chin bar for additional protection
  • SpeedShift? quick-change shield system (patent pending): easy, secure, toolless faceshield changes in 10 seconds or less
  • EverClear? no-fog faceshield: optically-correct shield with state-of-the-art, fog-free technology and anti-scratch hardened coating
Where I found it:
http://www.compcyclecenter.com/prod... Helmets~q=bidaa3312zzfidaa104zz~r=fidaa104zz~

Their home page:
http://www.compcyclecenter.com/index.htm

I have the Joe Rocket RKT101 carbon fiber helmet and love it. It's very light and offers good protection. Doen't have an internal shade but it takes about 20 seconds to change the visor on it.
Joe Rocket RKT 101 Carbon Helmet

• Carbon fiber composite weave shell
  • Meets or exceeds SNELL M2005 & DOT standards & FIM race ready
  • Wind tunnel tested aerodynamic shell shape
  • Multiple density impact absorbing EPS liner
  • Three shell sizes provide superior “sport” fit
  • Exclusive Quad Port ventilation system [4 external / 6 internal ports]
  • Adjustable “Ram Air” chin bar vent
  • Integrated / removable breath deflector
  • 2 stage compression shield closure system
  • Improved, tool-less shield removal & installation
  • Hard coated & optically superior 3D shield design rated at 95% UV resistant
  • Removable, washable interior system wicks away moisture and promotes increased air circulation
  • Streamline, wrap-around neck roll reduces wind noise
  • Deluxe helmet storage bag Included
  • Built-in communication system speaker cavity
  • Optional shields: RST mirrored, high definition, smoke, Pinlock? ready & 2D race shields w/ tear-off posts

I picked up a vemar carbon fiber full face and love it, came with 2 visors and a couple of different cheek pads for tailoring the fit, only weighs like 2 lbs

OK, I have a difference of opinion on something mentioned here, "go to your local shop and try-on their helmets, find one you like and then order online."

If you don't use the local dealer, whether factory or aftermarket, who carries your ordinary stuff you consume to maintain your bike? Or, do you just go online for everything? That might be what you have to do if your dealership for your brand goes out of business because there isn't enough traffic in the door buying things to stay open.

I could not agree more. I drove to a small shop in Little Rock to try on helmets and bought the one that fit right. The online price was about $40 cheaper until you have to return it a few times, then it cost more. I 'm glad a local shop had the helmet inventory for me to try on, research, and purchase.

Im going to a trade center for a motorcycle show to try on gear today. If the price is not good enough i will order on line.

OK, I have a difference of opinion on something mentioned here, "go to your local shop and try-on their helmets, find one you like and then order online."

Well let's get something straight here - I'm not at all advocating NOT to buy from your local shop, and even less so if you're privileged enough to have a friend owning it and giving you a decent discount.
I do the same in Australia at my mate's pro audio shop, I buy from him stuff I could probably get slightly cheaper online because I want to support him.

No, my POV was based on two things:

1 - don't buy a helmet online without trying it on first. If you're going to buy online anyway, then make sure it fits first.

2 - when it comes to bike helmets, I feel so many to be really grossly overpriced. I mean, I know we trust our heads to them, but if one manufacturer can make a perfectly good DOT approved lid for anywhere between $100-200, why then do others cost upward of a $1000? Because we buy into brands, packaging, blurb and bling.
So if I really want one of the more expensive lids, I'll be looking for the best deal. Most of the time that'll be an out of season or end of line discount, and these can be had equally online or in accessory shops - just got to time it right!

In Houston it's easy to find good equipment, now that I live in Arkansas, things are very different. Compounding the issue, almost no one here where's a helmet, so most dealers only carry Fulmer or other off brands. I went to each Manufactures website and located nearby dealers. i then called them to check there stock on hand. Only 1 shop had a good selection of quality helmets in multiple sizes. Calling each shop really saved a lot of time and fuel.

Why anyone would wear one of those is beyond my ken. Maybe if you were en-route to a WW I re-enactment, or a white supremacist rally. I suppose they are handy in hand-to-hand combat.

Here is the FL regulation in regards to these types of helmets, it specifically refers to "novelty helmets."
http://flhsmv.gov/handbooks/EnglishMotorcycleHandbook.pdf
See section 2.4

I recently had success purchasing 2 helmets from RidersDiscount.com

They simply need your measurement in centimeters from 1" above your eyebrows around the widest part of your head.

They fit perfectly!

I have been looking at the Shark Evoline 2 for a few
Months now. I am thinking about a modular for my next lid and I like the way the Evoline looks in the chin bar up position.

Back