Looking for a V Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just out of interest, how do you go about adjusting your mixture screws?

I do it the same time as sync. I turn each one in all the way to verify it has an affect. Then slowly turn out until cylinder recovers. I do one at a time. Then, re-check sync.

FLASHBACK!.. it was right at this time last year, when I was doing the same thing you're doing...seriously looking everywhere for one of my own....

I had to drive 50 miles up the state, just to see one 'in person'...because they seem pretty 'rare' around my part of the swamp...

Be patient, and you'll find the right one... it's already there, you just haven't found it yet...

Carb issues?...OH YEAH!! But we have a few folks in here. that are Phds with carbs, and only too willing to help...or point to where you can get it.

Pretty much the same applies to all maintenance issues...ask and you'll get a good answer.

Welcome to the board..you got to the right place if you're going to own and ride a VMax. And good luck on that search!

Uncle Philthy

I see all the nice maxes on eBay and they are always many states away from me. I had to settle for a beat-to-hell '85, and I still had to make a 6hr round trip....

I've personally only seen a grand total of 2 other VMaxes around here, and one or two more in the local want ads. My choices were limited.

I ended up taking a 18 hr road trip (total, not one way) to pick up my max. Searched locally and on craigslist but could not find anything that I wanted close to home. I was happy with what I got though. An '06 with 2K miles for 7 grand. Had the PO get it inspected the week before I purchased, he had all his service work done at the stealer and had the papers to back it up, and had the Y.E.S. extended warranty paperwork. I'm sure one can pick up a max for much less but I was more than happy to pay what I did for a bike that was pretty much brand new. Hell, it didn't look like he even rode the thing. Think he was scared of it. He asked me repeatedly before my test ride, " You know what a vmax is right? I mean, your an experienced rider? It's not your normal thing to just get on it and go".

I think there is a 95 model for sale here in town. Can't remember what the price and condition was. It's a long drive so if you even think you are willing I will try to find out more info.

Of course I still have a few "builders" that we can put together exactly the way you want it. Not cheaper then buying one already done but cheaper then buying one then modifiing it (if you do a lot of mods).

I think I have a clean title for both a 91 frame and 99 frame.

Sean

I have one that I found today that is fairly local...

Here is the details:

1988 Yamaha V-MAX, 1988 YAMAHA V-MAX Just serviced with a Stage 1 jet kit, very fast. Only 11K miles in great condition. Yellow powdercoated & blue paint. Super Trap exhaust. $3,199

I can probably get him down into the high 2K range.

Anything to worry about on one that is 20 years old? What about stage 1 jet kit? I assume that adds a little power? Also was yellow a color for that year?

Let me know what the gang thinks...

stage one sucks. The year of the bike is fine other then some electrical stuff can be harder to find. Color was red/black.

Sean

Latest posts

Back