lower smoother?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i like the look of the lower bike with progressives, but im not willing to compromise smoothness. does having shorter shocks affect create a harsher ride than the extra 1 or 2 inches from stock height shocks? thanks for any help

Nope! It just reduces the amount of travel! If you are 2-up a lot I would do 12" shocks.

You can actually bottom out the 11.5's if you've got some good weight on the bike or hit a bump really hard. Either way the shocks are better. They just came out with a new shock too. I have priced the two common types. The new one is in-bewteen there and is the 430 series. Not sure on pricing yet. We have ordered our first pair and will see how they look and perform when they make them (they are making the first ones now).

412's would run $225 a pair
440's would be $470 for black coated vs $500 for regular chrome.

Sean

Uhm... Really you sell them? Damn man why didn't you tell me...

Do they make 430's in black?

Chris

At what rider weight would you need to get the HD models on either the 440 or 430's? Or for that fact if you ride 2 up on a regular basis?
I am using the stockers now and at 270 lbs I only bottom the shocks on the really big bumps. If I remember correctly, I have the springs on the "3" setting and run the rebound on the "2" setting.

Latest posts

Back