marks exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live `bout 50 miles from him and have been out to his place once.
but he might be able to tell you better if you talk to him direct or you can P.M. me your information and I could call and ask him for you being that we live that close to each other and are in the same time zone, but he will need your mailing information for sure.
just let me know.
<<Dave>>:punk:

I live `bout 50 miles from him and have been out to his place once.
but he might be able to tell you better if you talk to him direct or you can P.M. me your information and I could call and ask him for you being that we live that close to each other and are in the same time zone, but he will need your mailing information for sure.
just let me know.
<<Dave>>:punk:
Hey! Cheers for that. I have sent you a PM.
Dave

Hi my name is Jay and I recently purchased my first vmax(2005). I'm on the market for a full exhaust system; preferably a 4 into two system, loud enough for cars could hear me but don't want to piss my neighbors off! Suggestions anyone? Does anyone have a number for mark?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Mark CAN be hard to get a hold of sometimes. Don't give up... It's SO worth it. Phone is the best way as he has issues with his email...
confused24.gif

It may take several phone calls to get a hold of him or you may get lucky and it takes only 1. He's hit or miss but once you get past that he's great.

I installed his system and must say it sounds amazing... Exactly the sound I was going for.

Give Mark a call at: (760) 948-1346

Welcome to the VMF Jay !
I have the Marks 4-2 system that you're looking to get ... got the 4-2 Stainless system with 14 " mufflers last fall; and they're still on sale according to Marks web site ! I ended up installing baffels for the system from Mark just to quiet them down a notch; which is perfect for what I wanted. I can always remove them if I want to make major noise while riding :punk:. Like Redbone stated ... these Marks pipes also gave me exactly the sound & performance gain I wanted. Love them !!! :biglaugh:

Welcome to the VMF Jay. My 4-2 Marks is Awesome. I may buy another set for my 89...

As the others say, Marks has great quality and fantastic sound.

I wanted a set but gave up on him ever calling me back.

Bought UFO's instead and have been happy with those as well.

Hey Jay, welcome to the forum. I also have Marks 4 - 2, two sets actually, a stainless one and a black ceramic one....love 'em both.

I always called Mark around 11:00 am Eastern time and would nearly always reach him.

Dannymax's advise on time to call worked first time for me... Mark is a pleasure to deal with. I had no trouble at all once talking with him. He even did a fantastic packing job..

Good Luck,
Dave

Just ordered my 4-2 S/S pipes from Mark earlier today. I e-mailed him the last night and he got back with me this morning. He gave me his number and so I gave him a call, the phone was busy but got through to him on the 3rd try. He was a real stand up guy, said he is going to ship them out on Monday and he even said I could wait until I received the pipes before I sent him payment. He is aces in my book.

Anybody have any advice on how I should set up my a/f screws and needles?

Sea Level, 3-1/4 turns out on the Air Fuel Screws, Needles shimmed between 28 and 40. 152.5 stock main runs about a flat 14 to 1 AF Ratio on the dyno. 155's would give more HP, less economy. Plug insulators run a very light tan.... So there's room for the 155's, possibly 1 more step up in main jet size.

You are gonna absolutely love the 4-2 Mark's. They sound Awesome... Mark is one of the absolute best people to deal with...

Dave in Florida

PS: Make sure you lay the pipes out and note which pipes actually go where, Pay close attention to the spring mounts that hold the pipe couplings together.
It's a bitch when you get things mounted and find that your spring mounts are on opposite sides of the pipe.............

Mine are on the way. Can't wait. Spring is coming, and I need to get the bike back together.

Just make sure that you Instal the system from the rear first th:punk:en the front pipes. & don't tighten anything up until the complete system is installed.
:Dave::

vmax626: That's probably the most important thing to remember when doing the install...

My thoughts would lean toward the 4-2-1. The dyno runs that I've seen tend to put my thinking in that direction...

That being said, here's some Mumbo Jumbo that I don't really understand but maybe you will. http://www.vmaxoutlaw.com/tech/exhaust.htm

I'm thinking of Marks Single Can for my 89 when the rough Kerker I have fails...

I just got Marks 4 2 1 1 5/8 jet hot coated system so the 1500 can breath ,in bright sterling silver,the can is out for chrome as soon as i get it and put together i will put up pics. Looks real close to chrome awesome fit A++ for Marks

Latest posts

Back