matching keys

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedfreke

Reaction score
does anyone know if there is a kit that will make my ignition and my fuel cap lock take the same key?

I'm not sure about a kit, but if you have an ignition and key, I think I have an ignition, key, gas tank cap, and faux tank lid lock that I would be willing to sell or do a partial trade for your ignition and key. Send me a PM if you are interested.
Jeff

There is no kit and not sure if a locksmith can do the internal work needed. Best bet is to work out a deal with Jeff.

Sean

Is my 89 different ? My ignition, steering lock, seat and gas cap
all use the same key. It is a factory Yamaha key.
Weird,
Chris

Is my 89 different ? My ignition, steering lock, seat and gas cap
all use the same key. It is a factory Yamaha key.
Weird,
Chris

It's normal to have one key for everything. I was just saying I have a complete set, but I would need an ignition if I were to sell mine. Someone must have switched Speedfreke's at some point.

I bought the bike used and someone must have swapped it out at some point, it is a real pain in the ass, the other day my low fuel light came on about 12miles from home, I pulled into a gas station only to find i didnt have my gas cap key, spent the whole ride home wondering when I was going to run out of fuel, somehow I made it

jeff i will be pm'ing you shortly
thanks
richard

Here is what I have... the plastic cover for the faux tank lock isn't very good, but everything else should work well.

Attachments

• P1010075.jpg
    P1010075.jpg
    55.1 KB
Back