Show us your gauge setup

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LO Mr Redd,

Yes, it is an Rx2n.
'How difficult' will depend on ones level of skill and understanding. For me it wasn't too challenging once I had understood what was required and how to achieve it.
It's many moons since I fitted it but as far as I remember I have the tach, speedo, indicators, high/ low beam and neutral working on the Koso.
I used the mounting bracket supplied with the unit + a fabricated supplementary bracket to mount to the bike.
The only issue I had was with the tacho whose reading was unstable. I have CoP's fitted and the issue was fixed by using the Koso ignition pick-up adaptor.

Can't recall the make of the oil pressure and water temperature gauges which are no longer available.
They are on a custom made mount which also incorporates the low fuel indicator and fifth gear lights.

Let me know if you need more info.

Hi
The new owner of a 1998 yamaha vmax and have been looking for options to get a tach/speedo combo in place of the stock speedo.

Love your setup, am I correct that this is the Kosovo RXN2ns speedo?

Was this a pretty straightforward conversion? What all functions have you been able to map that the RXN supports?
Did you have to create a custom housing?
Are the smaller gauges Koso also? If so product numbers please?

I know this is an old thread and I maybe missed a different post with this info or maybe a tutorial write-up. And may not even get a response since it's been so long but I haven't been able to find any additional info besides this post! And it never hurts to just ask! 😊

Thanks!
1000063346.jpgIMG_20240617_124954272_HDR.jpg
I have this Sinco Tech. Cheap but accurate with gps. You can also buy one with Miles indication.
€39,-
Hi
The new owner of a 1998 yamaha vmax and have been looking for options to get a tach/speedo combo in place of the stock speedo.

Love your setup, am I correct that this is the Kosovo RXN2ns speedo?

Was this a pretty straightforward conversion? What all functions have you been able to map that the RXN supports?
Did you have to create a custom housing?
Are the smaller gauges Koso also? If so product numbers please?

I know this is an old thread and I maybe missed a different post with this info or maybe a tutorial write-up. And may not even get a response since it's been so long but I haven't been able to find any additional info besides this post! And it never hurts to just ask! 😊

Thanks!

Back