might as well say hello

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowpoke

Reaction score
ive been lurking here for a while just decided to start posting up. about 4 to 6 months ago i picked up my first of what i told the wife will be many vmax's :) its a 2005 with about 12000 miles on it.i know yall like pictures but youll have to settle for a video instead. nothing fancy just sitting in the driveway at idle.the video is sorta distorted becasue it was filmed in widescreen but utube scrunched it down heh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL3D2TrOx_o

ive been lurking here for a while just decided to start posting up. about 4 to 6 months ago i picked up my first of what i told the wife will be many vmax's :) its a 2005 with about 12000 miles on it.i know yall like pictures but youll have to settle for a video instead. nothing fancy just sitting in the driveway at idle.the video is sorta distorted becasue it was filmed in widescreen but utube scrunched it down heh

gorgeous man. congrads...

hi slowpoke, welcome, bike looks good but your name don't match your ride, are those cobra pipes? they sound like mine, buy they look like the have a y pipe on each, just wondering, i added a pic of mine, are they the same, ride safe my friend. dave

Attachments

• watchdog 001.jpg
    watchdog 001.jpg
    62.6 KB
thanks for the welcome.. i figure if i go by the name slowpoke. then people wont expect much from me lol

the exhaust is what i believe to be UFO Quadzillas. been debating if i should go back to stock or not to be honest.

thanks for the welcome.. i figure if i go by the name slowpoke. then people wont expect much from me lol

the exhaust is what i believe to be UFO Quadzillas. been debating if i should go back to stock or not to be honest.

the set you have on there sound alot better than stock, by far. dave

Welcome! Yeah the pipes that are on there are better for performance but not for your hearing. Your wife may complain if she rides on it.

Chris

Keep the loud exhaust it is much safer when people can here you comming. Plus it is alot easier to keep track of your rpms going through the hills when you ride. The first little oops I had on my vmax was going through the hills with my buddies on my quite Vmax. I could not hear my engine(they had louder bikes) so I glanced down at my tach for a sec looked up and the road made a quick blind turn to the right. A little tire smoke later I decided I needed louder pipes lol. BTW nice looking bike.

Hey Slowpoke,...great to have you here. Very nice ride ,..the pipes look awesome , but i tend to agree ...they can be loud ,...I don't think you need to go back to stock ,...there are other exhaust that are quiet but still have an authoritative sound ,...that belongs to the MAX.
I have an early model kerker,..I prefer the dual look , ...but ....the sound is soooo sweet.....I took it apart last nite cause I'm getting the whole system ceramic coated ,...the wrap in side was shot ,...when i rewrap it , I'm hoping to get that stealthy low shake your bones rummble with the NASCAR scream at WOT,....MMAMAUAUAUAHAHAHAHAAAA...

Very nice!! And WELCOME!!! I'm new to posting as well and learning alot about our Hot Rods. And by the way the exhaust sounds GREAT!! I've modded the oem muffs to make it a little louder and it was very easy on the wallet too. Ride safe.

I would also like to say welcome,
I have Dale Walker Hole Shot exhaust and it sounds mean but I would love to have the Quadzilla pipes.They just tell people "get out of my way"
That bike is a beautifully awesom machine.:worthy::rocket bike:
Have fun on it and ride safe .
<<Dave>>

Welcome Slowpoke

If you are thinking of going back to the OEM exhaust you may have to re tune your carbs and by the sound of it sounds like the V-Boost has been set to stay open. Retuning carbs on a VMAX to one that isnt familiar can be challenging at first.
Sounds good in my opinion.

Welcome to the site, look forward to your future postings

I would love to have the Quadzilla pipes.They just tell people "get out of my way"
That bike is a beautifully awesom machine.:worthy::rocket bike:
Have fun on it and ride safe .
<<Dave>>

funny you say that. as long as its not snow or ice on the ground i dont mind riding. i can 100% honestly say this is the only bike ive ever rode that people can hear me coming up on them on the interstate. lots of times they even move over and let me pass. everyone hears me coming and is aware of exactly where my position on the highway is. :punk:

Welcome Slowpoke

If you are thinking of going back to the OEM exhaust you may have to re tune your carbs and by the sound of it sounds like the V-Boost has been set to stay open. Retuning carbs on a VMAX to one that isnt familiar can be challenging at first.
Sounds good in my opinion.

Welcome to the site, look forward to your future postings

would vboost staying open all the time net me 30 mpg average? my mpg stays around 30 - 33 mpg. i thought it was a little low for a bike but just figured it was normal for the vmax.

would vboost staying open all the time net me 30 mpg average? my mpg stays around 30 - 33 mpg. i thought it was a little low for a bike but just figured it was normal for the vmax.

I only get 33-35mpg with no Vboost, a Venture pumpkin and that's mostly highway miles spent between 85-95mph. I think with the Vboost stuck open you could see much lower figures! (think 20-22mpg)

That thing sounds GREAT!!!!!!!:clapping:

I have a complete stock exhaust from my 2000 I'll trade ya:biglaugh:

Nice bike:eusa_dance:

Holly sheetz, I love that sound, nothing wrong with that video at all bud, mines in the kitchen about 4 ft away, waiting for the drive way to dry up a bit so I can get it out. I have the UFO 4to2's, spendy but wellllllll worth it... ride on............

Does seem the vboost is open during idle. Can see unburnt fuel spitting out the exhaust and tell by the way it idles. Ive been looking at those quadzillas for a while now. Sound pretty good at idle, but do they sound good in higher rpm's? I hope you dont mind me adding your video to the exhaust sound thread.

have at it :biglaugh: what youre seeing is the fact it was cold outside and was warming up(condensation). from about 2000 - 3000 rpms ( not really accel. it sounds pretty obnoxious. after 3000 it sounds pretty good at a steady speed. once you open it up and start running the rpms up. she starts singing a really awesome song(think small block v8). it will be a bit but ill get a video of some higher rpm clips for ya.

Latest posts

Back