Mono fork on vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vmax%20Links.jpg
Vmax%20Rechts.jpg

Notice the multiple calipers. Maybe more-aesthetically-pleasing w/a different cover or finish to the structural pieces? I would like to see a perforated girder for that major member. I wonder if it makes the VMax front-end 'dynamic issues' go-away?

well no matter what you think about it, it is different. Looks like a lot of hard work and design. I like the duel mounted brakes on same side but I would worry about it making too much heat on the rotor. I bet the brake set up on both sides would give some unreal brake power and need an ABS for it. Doing a stoppy would too easy lol.

well no matter what you think about it, it is different. Looks like a lot of hard work and design. I like the duel mounted brakes on same side but I would worry about it making too much heat on the rotor. I bet the brake set up on both sides would give some unreal brake power and need an ABS for it. Doing a stoppy would too easy lol.

Don't worry... Been there, done that, didn't buy the t-shirt...

29951124869317518229810.jpg

That forkless reminds me the custom v-max made by lazareth or the vyrus. Wondering if it could be more effective than double forks. Seeing it hasn't been used much so far I'd think it's not cost effective.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

The Omega-framed GTS used the FZR1000 engine. They were priced at a premium and perhaps for that were not big sellers.

GTSs are pretty common here. I can buy a 30k miles one from 93 for 2000 euros... Its a pretty bike. I like this setup and if i had more time available it would be nice to do a project with that bike, mono fork and mono swingarm... using either VFR or Triumph gear...

It used the first generation FZR1000 engine, same one I've owned for 24 yrs. Detuned a bit from FZR duty, but still comparable to your average gen 1 VMax. I think it was the most expensive Yamaha streetbike when they were made. You see a lot of 'Omega-style" frames w/o frame members under the rigid-mount stressed-frame-member engine now.

Back