" MOUNTING TIRES on RIMS "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well lets be honest this is what I do for a living so you have to learn to draw the line some where. About the only time work gets done for free around here is on Tech Days other than that I have to make a living. I charge $ 20 bucks if some one brings me a wheel & usually $ 40 if its on the bike.
HEY , KYLE , THATS A DEAL , CAN YOU STOP OVER TONIGHT & DO MY TWO & I THINK DANNY HAS A COUPLE FOR YOU TO DO ALSO , DO YOU TAKE " PAY PAL ? .. "LOL""LOL" :punk: .. YOUR THE MAN ! .. :punk:.. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

i I GOT MY DYNA BEADS TODAY , I'M SURPRISED AT HOW SMALL THEY ARE ! .. WHEN I FIRST OPENED THE BOX , I SAID TO MYSELF " WHERE THE F@*K ARE THE REST OF THEM " , I THOUGHT HERE WE GO , BUT THAT WAS ALL OF THEM ! .. :confused2:

We have a brand-new , state of the art tire machine at work , I just measured out my rims & it looks like I should be able to use it to install my new Metzler's , if they ever get here ! , Even the front without taking off one of my rotors ! .. :punk:

We have a brand-new , state of the art tire machine at work , I just measured out my rims & it looks like I should be able to use it to install my new Metzler's , if they ever get here ! , Even the front without taking off one of my rotors ! .. :punk:

So if I were to ask a stealer if they have a good tire machine.. What would it be called?

i I JUST GOT MY NEW TIRES , MAN THEY ARE AWESOME ! .. CAN'T WAIT TO PUT THEM ON ! .. :punk:

how do you know they're awesome if they're not on :\

One of my riding friends knows the owner of a big local dealer (Seymours), so he gets "his price" on a lot of things, which ended up being $50 to mount both wheels, off the bike. Think the normal price was $30/wheel off the bike or $60 on.

Tim, you should like the ME880s...noticed a big difference in handling after replacing the Bridgestones. Leans over a lot easier.

I've heard mixed things about the dynabeads...seem to remember reading an article that put a wheel on a balancing machine, noting the results, then adding dynabeads and running it again, it produced the exact same results, it wasn't magically balanced.

Some people have no problems never balancing either, so I think it's kind of a toss-up. The dealer balanced the wheels as part of the mounting with regular weights, fine with me.

a YOUR RIGHT " RA " ON ALL OF MY OTHER BIKES , I ALWAYS DID MY OWN TIRES WITH SPOONS , EVEN MY DRAG BIKE " SLICK " AND I PUT 6 NEW BACK TIRES ON MY XS1100 & NEVER BALANCED A TIRE & THEY WERE ALL FINE , SO HOPEFULLY THE DYNA BEADS ARE " SNAKE OIL " BUT EVERYTHING WILL STILL BE FINE !

haha ^^ I'm happy with the avons, I lean it more now that I've been riding the CBR more

I've heard mixed things about the dynabeads...seem to remember reading an article that put a wheel on a balancing machine, noting the results, then adding dynabeads and running it again, it produced the exact same results, it wasn't magically balanced.

I have personally done this & noticed no diffrence with Dyna Beads. I personally wont waste my money on them. I never balance my back tires & the way the tires are made now they have more overlap & they dont take near as much to balance. Unless your gonna run 200 MPH you could line up the balance dot & prob never notice any thing with out balancing. I have done numerous wheels on a spin balancer that requires no weight except for Harley wheels they dont seem to be balanced real well.

I have personally done this & noticed no diffrence with Dyna Beads. I personally wont waste my money on them. I never balance my back tires & the way the tires are made now they have more overlap & they dont take near as much to balance. Unless your gonna run 200 MPH you could line up the balance dot & prob never notice any thing with out balancing. I have done numerous wheels on a spin balancer that requires no weight except for Harley wheels they dont seem to be balanced real well.
i THE BIKE I USED TO DRAG RACE DID , 10:15 AT 136 MPH'S , NO TIRE BALANCE FRONT OR SLICK ON REAR AND THE ONLY THING SHAKING WERE " MY BALLS " ! ..:rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back