My carb removal project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry...some misunderstanding...is a little late here :)

What i mean was that you can disconnect them for shipping but ist no need(lower ones).
Removing lower linkage its not necessery.

Theres a cable connector like i mentioned before so you can basicly split lower and upper cables and leave lower ones with the carbs.
Lower ones are a little hard to remove.
And like you mentioned there are the tabs in the linkage that holds the linkage with the throttle guide.

No problem it's very easy to confuse me because this is the first time I have ever removed carbs, it's all new to me and what seems simple to most isn't for me at this point.

Now I will not have these problems again because I have learnt how to remove a set of carbs.

I did drain the carbs before removing but is there a way to make sure all the gas is out before I pack them for shipping?

Thanks again
Ron

Well it was a good day, I got my carb removal project done and now I can send the carbs and my seat to Sean to do his magic on.

Before
before.jpg

After

after1.jpg

Ron

Kinkage?? me :confused2:

just joking I did a quick edit and now it says Linkage ! :rofl_200:

No problem it's very easy to confuse me because this is the first time I have ever removed carbs, it's all new to me and what seems simple to most isn't for me at this point.

Now I will not have these problems again because I have learnt how to remove a set of carbs.

I did drain the carbs before removing but is there a way to make sure all the gas is out before I pack them for shipping?

Thanks again
Ron
And its easy for me to confuse you couse my english sometimes sucks :D

Anyway way to go, congrats and keep it up :punk:

Nahhh....some fuel always remains in the carbs, dont bother this.

Wait till you have to put them back in... The throttle cables can be a bit fiddly but it's not horrible. I always use plenty of painters masking tape (the blue or green stuff) when working on my bike to keep the scratches to the frame and other paint down to a minimum. You should see my front fender right now. It's blue! lol

Attachments

• IMG_0167_2.jpg
    IMG_0167_2.jpg
    87.2 KB
That's a very good tip and I will use it when I put everything back together.

Thanks

Ron

Wait till you have to put them back in... The throttle cables can be a bit fiddly but it's not horrible.

+1

Although my vote is that it is horrible until you get a system down of how to fish those darn cables through the linkage properly. Get a chair to sit on beside the bike and get a cardboard box to put on your lap or something to help rest the carbs on while you are reconnecting everything.

Latest posts

Back