My first bike.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIMBO02032

Reaction score
Hey everybody, this is my first post on the forum and I am glad I was able to find a group of people as enthused about the VMAX as I am. I am looking at purchasing a VMAX in the very near future, and I was just wondering what kind of things I should be on the lookout for when shopping for a used bike. I am currently looking at a 2005 VMX12T with about 12.6K miles on it, it has a serial in the low 300's so it is not only a means of transportation, but also a collectors item. This will be the first motorcycle that I have bought so I am just trying to take as many precautions as possible in order to protect myself. I would like for you to note that I do know how to ride as I work at a Honda power sports dealership, so I am not entirely green and do understand that this motorcycle is not a machine to underestimate. Thanks in advance for any input/advise you can give me and I look forward to your responses...

Hey everybody, this is my first post on the forum and I am glad I was able to find a group of people as enthused about the VMAX as I am. I am looking at purchasing a VMAX in the very near future, and I was just wondering what kind of things I should be on the lookout for when shopping for a used bike. I am currently looking at a 2005 VMX12T with about 12.6K miles on it, it has a serial in the low 300's so it is not only a means of transportation, but also a collectors item. This will be the first motorcycle that I have bought so I am just trying to take as many precautions as possible in order to protect myself. I would like for you to note that I do know how to ride as I work at a Honda power sports dealership, so I am not entirely green and do understand that this motorcycle is not a machine to underestimate. Thanks in advance for any input/advise you can give me and I look forward to your responses...

Can't go wrong with a 2005 M8! The Vmax CAN reach back and bite you if you're not seasoned but it can also cruise with the best of them. If you're not stupid you'll be fine on him. If you can't control the clutch and the gas at the same time... Well.... Hang-on!:biglaugh:

As far as years to buy... If you can buy a 2002+ you're getting all the latest changes.

Good luck and welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I have decided that this is the bike for me... i think I'm getting a good deal on it, and hope that I'm not mistaken. The bike is clean with a set of supertrapps and a fly shield, it also has a number in the low 300's for the 20th anniversary edition, It won't be mine for a couple of months, but I do plan on riding it regularly, the fact that it sits up nice and high is definitely a plus for me. I do have one question though. When taking a sharp turn, I don't like how the bars seem to 'snap' into position, is there a way to install a steering stabilizer on the bike so that its not fugly, but it still smooths out turns?

Latest posts

Back