my fun continues..........

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hwystar1

Reaction score
my morning christmas ride had a fun turn of events. we ended up doing a west run this morning and stopped at a place called cafe 27. after a cool drink and a gas stop we pulled back on the hwy 27. right behind us a couple of 600 or 750cc ratty sport bikes pulled out and one was taunting my son in law on the max. we were only doing about 50 or 55 and the guy was popping wheelies and over reving his bike. well my son in law and these guys hit it and were gone. when i finally caught back up with him he was laughing and told me he was pulling away right up to about 130 when he shut it down. my biggest suprise was when i asked him how the max was rolling at that speed and he told me pretty good. max made believers out of 4 people this morning.............................

have a nice day
hwystar1

Attachments

• storm stuff 095.jpg
    storm stuff 095.jpg
    100.1 KB
Old ratty 600's? Puh-leez. They're a Mr.Max scooby-snack.

Especially the dolts that cruise around bouncing them off the limiter, you know they never adjust the valves and by now the motors are probably making about half what they used to.

Buddy (foolishly) bought an older carbed R6 with like 25k miles. It ran okay-ish initially, never seemed as strong as it should have been, and after another 15k miles of boinking the rev limiter and wheeling it, the motor is in really rough tune. It sounds absolutely horrible up top, and won't rev out in 5th/6th gears. Maxes out at like 120mph, cannon fodder for me. He finally ditched it, but shows what wailing on those older little I4s will do w/o maintenance.

Back