Need help please....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is a score and a half man!

gotcha. didn't know if you could throw it in a backpack and ride the bike up?

Actually i probrably could do that. What day is good for you? Tonight rain and tommorrow am rain . I will check with steve o and if we can I would be up for that

tonight, had it not been raining, probably actually woulda been the best. as i was telling steve -o, i work a 8-4 job so i would be available until like 4 or 5 really.

the mother in law is coming wed afternooon - friday afternoon so i'd probably not wanna do it during then, so thats why i was originally saying tonight or next week....
hmmm..

what about your availability? any evening? have you synched your carbs? done your steering stem bearings? i have all the stuff to do that too.

Hey Mark does your friend have more available?... I'd get one set... LOL... Don't forget about your Portuguese friend... (i have steaks) LOL... way to go... Now the monkey has you as well... welcome to the dark side... he he

Hey Mark does your friend have more available?... I'd get one set... LOL... Don't forget about your Portuguese friend... (i have steaks) LOL... way to go... Now the monkey has you as well... welcome to the dark side... he he

Yeah I'll double check for you lol. See you know how good a portugese steak is. Yeah the monkey definitely has me. I've done alot this summer and can't wait to do more in the winter ;) Yes us portugese guys stick together. Hoping to order some things from you this winter.

Garrett my schedule is good until September. Steve and I are definately gonna come visit you real soon.

Garrett my schedule is good until September. Steve and I are definately gonna come visit you real soon.

sounds good we'll be in touch... lets try for next week

in the meantime let me know if you want to try at your place

sounds good we'll be in touch... lets try for next week

in the meantime let me know if you want to try at your place

Steve is suppose to come over tomorrow to install the brace. Next week we can go by your house and try to install the engine huger. I am dying to see your bike. You are more then welcome at my house when ever you want. Looking forward to hanging out. If you come down here maybe we can go for a Portuguese steak plate :eusa_dance:

Steve is suppose to come over tomorrow to install the brace. Next week we can go by your house and try to install the engine huger. I am dying to see your bike. You are more then welcome at my house when ever you want. Looking forward to hanging out. If you come down here maybe we can go for a Portuguese steak plate :eusa_dance:

yea, things are sort of kind of slowing down so i can make the time soon... tomorrow is def a no -go. its the wifes birthday! haha

lets talk soon!

are the 'engine hugger' i assume the solid bracing things, needed for the frame braces? I'd love to help no problem... i even will have a lift after 8/19 ish..

yea, things are sort of kind of slowing down so i can make the time soon... tomorrow is def a no -go. its the wifes birthday! haha

lets talk soon!

are the 'engine hugger' i assume the solid bracing things, needed for the frame braces? I'd love to help no problem... i even will have a lift after 8/19 ish..

Yes the hugers are a little harder. You don't need the hugers to put on the brace. We are gonna put the brace on then when we figure out the huger, we will add it after. Maybe we will do it when we go visit you. Make sure you be nice to your wife on her birthday lol.... So you tell us what day next week works for you. We can go over after you get out of work or you can come here.

Attachments

• YAMAHA-V-MAX1200-ALLOY-ENGINE-HUNGER-TYPE-2_1229.jpg
    YAMAHA-V-MAX1200-ALLOY-ENGINE-HUNGER-TYPE-2_1229.jpg
    29.1 KB
  • YAMAHA-V-MAX1200-ALLOY-ENGINE-HUNGER-TYPE-2_1230.jpg
    YAMAHA-V-MAX1200-ALLOY-ENGINE-HUNGER-TYPE-2_1230.jpg
    31.4 KB
  • frame brace.jpg
    frame brace.jpg
    99.2 KB
Yes the hugers are a little harder. You don't need the hugers to put on the brace. We are gonna put the brace on then when we figure out the huger, we will add it after. Maybe we will do it when we go visit you. Make sure you be nice to your wife on her birthday lol.... So you tell us what day next week works for you. We can go over after you get out of work or you can come here.

those look pretty straight forward. i'm confident!.. haha

lets tenatively look at wednesday for next week?

From looking at the OVER site, the frame braces are separate from the engine mounts., so you guys are correct. They are 'pur-ty' aren't they? Wonder how all that makes a difference? I think a fast guy is fast regardless, but it just makes it easier.

Anyone hear the story of Pierre Desroches, who discovered the Kawi Z1 frame was poorly-aligned from the factory? I think he was working w/Rob Muzzy & they straightened the steering head & added additional bracing around it to keep it that way, and suddenly the guys riding their bikes were able to make use of all that 900 cc h.p. more-easily. I think Yuvon Duhamel was one of their riders.

those look pretty straight forward. i'm confident!.. haha

lets tenatively look at wednesday for next week?

Wednesday works good for me. I did it I mounted the frame brace all by myself lol. I just looked at it and started messing with it and it worked. Looks awesome. All I have to do is make sure the bolts are torqued correctly. I'm not sure if it makes a difference in the stiffness but they look good as hell. I took a picture and when I get home from my sons football practice I'll post them.

Back