New (for me) Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Aluminium (as we call it down under) has a clear factory coating on it.
Over the years moisture gets under it, oxidizes the Al and looks like crap.
You can strip off the clear coat, polish the parts and reseal them, even clear powdercoating is possible.
Alternatives would be to anodize the parts or chrome them.
My personal preference is to chrome stuff.

The horn is, for lack of a better word....pathetic! There are some suggestions on the forum showing mods to upgrade the sound...check them out.

danny
I am going have to do something about my horn too, It can barely be heard over my new exhaust!:biglaugh: One thing I read is that adding a relay improves your stock horn tremendously. What the mod does is allows horn to get all the power to it, it takes power through the relay, the factory switch then will work like a switch, just with no power running through it. The headlight works in much the same way, so you get a improvement in light output using this method too.
You can wire a relay in yourself or you can go to Eastern Beaver where they have ready made kits for the horn and lights.

i had the impossible to shift to n once everything was warmed up as well. i ended up flushing the clutch system and refilling with valvoline dot 4 synthetic brake fluid. very rarely do i have that problem anymore and now i can actually blip the throttle to get it into n which is acceptible.

Latest posts

Back