New insurance rates... you arent gonna believe this!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mines with Allstate in Md and only $100 for full 100/300 coverage. $180 for my 2 year tag. Something does sound off. I'd send ya to my agent if you want. I do have all my vehicles and home through them for the discounts too. Still the bike is cheap alone. Used to have progressive full alone for $125.

I'm in MD age 51, I have Nation Wide they would not do full coverage on my 1992 Vmax only liability I pay $390.00 and my tag and title cost me total $226.00 for 2 years.

After ready this post I'm on line now check other insurance company pricing.

Mines with Allstate in Md and only $100 for full 100/300 coverage. $180 for my 2 year tag. Something does sound off. I'd send ya to my agent if you want. I do have all my vehicles and home through them for the discounts too. Still the bike is cheap alone. Used to have progressive full alone for $125.

Yes send it to me, my email [email protected]

thanks james

Live in MD between DC and Baltimore almost 43 years old. I have 5 bikes insured through GEICO with 250/500k no collision/comprehensive cost $506 a year. Registration is $97 for two years on each bike. I feel lucky now. Canada is insane with those rates.

well, let me say that this issue has turned this province upside down. 3200 ppl on one facebook group alone in 4 days... this issue is NOT gonna pass quietly.

after further info, (theory 1) sgi has determined that if your bike cost 1500 a year to plate but 85 to 90% of ppl only plate for 6 months, they are only getting 750, so they are putting the rates up so they get the full 1500 for 6 months.

(theory 2) because its a govt owned crown corp., the govt has been trying to privatize some entities but there hasn't been much luck that way. this way they piss everyone off, because there is NO option to insure privately. so public pressure to sell sgi will have some clout.

(theory 3) they are wanting to build a new SGI tower here... they need $$$$$$$$. they say there is a massive shortfall on the bike fund side, and the auto fund takes up the slack. the #s everyone can drum up show 100s of thousands of dollars in claims per accident. yes I realise some accidents are tragic and cost a TON. but consider that lots of accidents are at slow speeds and not all would have personal injury. so the argument of a MASSIVE shortfall is kinda hokey...

I will let ppl know whats happening...

thanks guys.
peace,
evan...

well, let me say that this issue has turned this province upside down. 3200 ppl on one facebook group alone in 4 days... this issue is NOT gonna pass quietly.

after further info, (theory 1) sgi has determined that if your bike cost 1500 a year to plate but 85 to 90% of ppl only plate for 6 months, they are only getting 750, so they are putting the rates up so they get the full 1500 for 6 months.

(theory 2) because its a govt owned crown corp., the govt has been trying to privatize some entities but there hasn't been much luck that way. this way they piss everyone off, because there is NO option to insure privately. so public pressure to sell sgi will have some clout.

(theory 3) they are wanting to build a new SGI tower here... they need $$$$$$$$. they say there is a massive shortfall on the bike fund side, and the auto fund takes up the slack. the #s everyone can drum up show 100s of thousands of dollars in claims per accident. yes I realise some accidents are tragic and cost a TON. but consider that lots of accidents are at slow speeds and not all would have personal injury. so the argument of a MASSIVE shortfall is kinda hokey...

I will let ppl know whats happening...

thanks guys.
peace,
evan...

This is where we're headed in the states if people don't watch out. Sounds about the same as where healthcare is headed sooner or later.
It's what happens when you let the government do a job private enterprise should be handling.

I have State Farm and it runs $473/ yr, age 53, Std collision and medical and with a rider for custom parts. I just have to be able to produce the receipt for coverage at 100%. It looks like I may have to do a little shopping around to see what I can do since I need to get a new daily driver and adding a garage to the policy this year.

I have State Farm and it runs $473/ yr, age 53, Std collision and medical and with a rider for custom parts. I just have to be able to produce the receipt for coverage at 100%. It looks like I may have to do a little shopping around to see what I can do since I need to get a new daily driver and adding a garage to the policy this year.

Yea get outta there Red, State farm tried putting the screws to me hard after my accident in 2005... I finally got my lawsuit money in 2010!!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Yep, I have Allstate, full coverage 225 a year and I'm 41 with a car accident on my record. Now thats strictly motorcycle. You could probably get something cheaper than what you have.

Yea get outta there Red, State farm tried putting the screws to me hard after my accident in 2005... I finally got my lawsuit money in 2010!!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Yep, I have Allstate, full coverage 225 a year and I'm 41 with a car accident on my record. Now thats strictly motorcycle. You could probably get something cheaper than what you have.
The $473 is for my Vmax only, so I know I'm paying too much. I have no accidents, one 30 over speeding (11/09) on my license and I am currently insuring a '98 GMC Sierra 4 by 4, house, and Vmax. This summer I will be adding a newer SUV (~'10), '03 FZ1 and a detached 36x40 shop/ garage so I'm going to be looking hard for my best deal.

I check with All State for the State of MD full coverage for me was $235.00 a lot cheaper than nation wide and full coverage to.

Canada is notoriously shit for insurance rates. 100k/300k Full coverage with Allstate I have all 4 bikes insured for less than $500 a year.

I honestly think at 2k a year for liability only I'd rather go uninsured and put the money into savings/lawyer funding instead. That's robbery. I don't think I pay that out to insurance for everything automotive and house combined.

Then again... my family health insurance runs about 2k per month between me and my employer. So Canada isn't all bad.

Well, here is the answer to what has been going on. our Premier would be equivalent to a states governor. enough people complained. heres what it got us...

Jist of it... its not gonna be happening as its been presented. more than likely something might go up some time but it would be a fraction of a % or so the speculation says.

WOOO!!! finally the little guy beats big gov't.

more news later this week...

peace,
evan...

Attachments

• 887025_10151335980898603_2047684855_o.jpg
    887025_10151335980898603_2047684855_o.jpg
    71 KB
  • 887097_10151335980993603_132628908_o.jpg
    887097_10151335980993603_132628908_o.jpg
    52.6 KB
Seems like your government does more than lip service like ours.... Congratulations on getting some relief. Hope it is significant! :clapping:

Seems like your government does more than lip service like ours.... Congratulations on getting some relief. Hope it is significant! :clapping:

maybe not so fast....

I said in a different post last year i paid 1500 a year for plates, this year 1680, now next year $1943. FACK. here we thought we had a victory, now it sounds like they want to raise the rates 15% each year for 3 years to 'EASE' the burden.

Still bullshit. the bigger deal on this mornings talk radio, was the minister responsible for SGI made it apperant to the public that now all rates are going up slightly for any and all vehichles to SUBSIDIZE the motorbikes shortfall. she made it very onesided vs motorcyclists. so now we ride with a target on our backs.

look at this news report, they definately dont help these tensions.

http://regina.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=884960

Will keep you posted.

peace,
evan...

ps i just hit the calc, and 15% of 1680 happens to be 1932. not the 1943 they say... figures

Attachments

• motorcycles_LV.pdf
    175 KB
Last edited:
Back