New member, long-time Vmax rider:

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Upanther

Reaction score
I'm Scott, and I'm on my 6th (1st generation) Vmax. I started riding my first one about 25 years ago, and haven't found anything I like as much since (although I've had 20 other bikes as well). I live in the Daytona Beach area, and still miss Joe at Boxenstopp.

My bike is mostly stock. I have aftermarket mufflers, and nearly everything is powder-coated matte black. I have a taller fifth gear than stock, so I run lower RPM's on the highway (and theoretically have a top end just short of 180). I also have a back rest with a shelf that perpetually has a bag on it.

I'm Scott, and I'm on my 6th (1st generation) Vmax. I started riding my first one about 25 years ago, and haven't found anything I like as much since (although I've had 20 other bikes as well). I live in the Daytona Beach area, and still miss Joe at Boxenstopp.

My bike is mostly stock. I have aftermarket mufflers, and nearly everything is powder-coated matte black. I have a taller fifth gear than stock, so I run lower RPM's on the highway (and theoretically have a top end just short of 180). I also have a back rest with a shelf that perpetually has a bag on it.
Joe at Boxenstopp was a great guy. Our VMax gatherings at Bikeweek and Biketoberfest just aren't the same without him.

Theory is great, but of course the aero drag will stop that. Post some pics so we can see the 'murdered-out' bike.

Here's a pic of Joe's metalflake paint-job.

View attachment 95752
I remember that. He and I always had a friendly rivalry about chrome and bling. My bike was all matte black with all of the aluminum and chrome powder coated, he called me some variation of "Lord Of Darkness". :)

Latest posts

Back