new member needs advice

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lamarr weese

Reaction score
Advised by Dave Fox, who is rebuilding my carbs to seek advice. My 1985 vmax, low battery, hooked to charger to start, mistakenly set at 50 amp, started, removed charger, bike ran 30 seconds, smelled smoke, turned bike off, three way prong connector from voltage regulator to the male connectors of I assume the stator wires, was melted, hard wired all three back, started bike and immediate smoke from voltage regulator, turned off, removed regulator.
1. I found several regulators online......any preference where to buy a new regulator.
2. A new regulator comes with the three prong connector off of the regulator.........is there a "universal kit" that includes the male connector from the stator wires?
3. Could there be any other damage from my ignorance.
stupid lamarr [email protected] 304-823-3186

A MOSFET r/r is a good one.

There are many threads on here about the mosfet regulator rectifier. I suggest using the search function and see what you come up with that's probably the quickest way to get information.

Also try Eastern Beaver company for male and female connectors and other wiring needs. That can also be a Vmax Forum search function. You can also look for Eastern Beaver by doing a net search. They have a lot of electrical specific products that you may find handy such as adding additional fuses for accessories such as cameras, horns, additional lighting or whatever else you choose to add to your bike.

Latest posts

Back