VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1SK14R

Reaction score
Hello,1SK14R here, New to the Forum. Have been following for awhile now and am looking forward to learn as much as I can for all the Knowledge I have seen & read in the Forum.
We own a 1995 Vmax 1200 ( Berry Wine Metallic , I painted ) just got 2 months ago , and a 2012 Ninja ZX14R ( Golden Blazed Green ) with a lot of Performance Mods ,
200 plus HP , And All Unrestricted.

Welcome.

You said 14R... You said Ninja...

I'll be riding a de-restricted piped 2015 14R with stock SA and ride height right after the Rally leaves.

Since you own both steeds I have a burning question. Of these two bikes, how do they compare with regards to ease of moving them around the shop or parking lots. How does legroom compare? Are you lowered or stock ride height?

My knees have reached a point where the VMX is too low and heavy for comfort. The 14R is at the VERY TOP of my list for all the obvious reasons. My 2nd choice is a toss between an S1K and GSXR1K to get the weight closer to 400lbs and whp:lb ratio closer to 1:2 but I really want to cash in on the monster torque of the 1441 if at all possible. If I had more space I would have the same two bikes you have, in all likelyhood.

Sorry to jump on you just as you step through the door, but I've been thinking a whole lot about this exact thing for some time now.

Welcome.

You said 14R... You said Ninja...

I'll be riding a de-restricted piped 2015 14R with stock SA and ride height right after the Rally leaves.

Since you own both steeds I have a burning question. Of these two bikes, how do they compare with regards to ease of moving them around the shop or parking lots. How does legroom compare? Are you lowered or stock ride height?

My knees have reached a point where the VMX is too low and heavy for comfort. The 14R is at the VERY TOP of my list for all the obvious reasons. My 2nd choice is a toss between an S1K and GSXR1K to get the weight closer to 400lbs and whp:lb ratio closer to 1:2 but I really want to cash in on the monster torque of the 1441 if at all possible. If I had more space I would have the same two bikes you have, in all likelyhood.

Sorry to jump on you just as you step through the door, but I've been thinking a whole lot about this exact thing for some time now.
I would have to say The Ninja , Just seems easier to move around . It is Stock Height.
Vmax is seems as you said , A Little more . But I think the Ninja out weighs The Max by a few pounds .

All in All , Very Proud to have both .
In my 20’s I test drove A Brand New VMax.
Never forgot the Experience.
And many years later, we now have one . Both bikes are Awesome,
While The Ninja has a few Mods on it ,
ECU Flashed by Chris at Moore Mafia Racing . And Oh Did it change its Attitude when you open it Wide Open . In Any Gear .
We have plans for the Vmax as it has 6500 miles on it and picked up for $1200.00 .
Looks as if Sat up for a long time . But got it running in 2 weeks . Still have Carb issues though.
VBoost doesn’t work which is a total bummer.
But Yes , These are my Choices to have in my Garage. 👍

AWESOME BIKES !

Latest posts

Back