Off to get another bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I am headed to Orlando to possibly pick up an 85 Kawasaki ltd 700 & maybe a big bad ass Honda twinstar 200.LOL Dont worry im not keeping them there just money makers.

Last edited:
Im looking tomorrow at one , if I buy it them mines going up for sale. On A side note I had one of those LTD's years ago.but it was a 700.

Attachments

• erick and dad sometime in 88.jpg
    erick and dad sometime in 88.jpg
    64.5 KB
I really like those ltd's, a guy i work with here is a big fan of the older kawasaki , he recently picked up a kz1000. I just bought his kz440. Needs carb work but still fun to ride. Here is the only pic i have of my kz440
kz440-left-side.jpg

Well I picked up the lTD 700 it only has 12,000 miles on it needs Some clean up work & the stupid rubber pieces that always break on the blinkers but I think its going to clean up pretty nice. They could not find the title on the twinstar they said they would call as soon as they found it its pretty clean & I can get it real reasonable.

thought it was a 700, there was a tax on 750's so the japs just madem smaller!that one in the pic was an 85 LTD 700,no vmax, but it was a good bike,good luck with your new "project"

I really like those ltd's, a guy i work with here is a big fan of the older kawasaki , he recently picked up a kz1000. I just bought his kz440. Needs carb work but still fun to ride. Here is the only pic i have of my kz440
kz440-left-side.jpg

My bike was nearly identical to that 440... Mine was belt drive... Same color, but belt drive. It was my first bike.

Chris

Awesome! Any pics? Sorry to thread jack guys. I've heard the belt drive is really smooth on the 440. Mine is not lol...

Well I picked up the lTD 700 it only has 12,000 miles on it needs Some clean up work & the stupid rubber pieces that always break on the blinkers but I think its going to clean up pretty nice. They could not find the title on the twinstar they said they would call as soon as they found it its pretty clean & I can get it real reasonable.

post up some pics! Sounds like you found a good project! Any plans for it ? I'm eventually looking to do something like this with my kz 440 (eventually being the keyword - especially if I get a vmax today haha)
cafe77_4.JPG

Awesome! Any pics? Sorry to thread jack guys. I've heard the belt drive is really smooth on the 440. Mine is not lol...

This was pre-digital era and pre-me having a camera era unfortunately... It looks JUST like yours but with belt drive.

It was smooth and quiet. For a first bike, it was awesome.

Chris

I had a 454LTD before the Vmax and it was a great little bike. I bet that 700's pretty good too.

Should be a good money maker Kyle! :)

wow.. my first bike was a Kawasaki 440 LTD belt drive as well.. small world.... had tons of bikes since then, but you always remember your "first"... lol

Well here are a couple pics of here I cleaned the carbs & put new carb boots on her & new plugs & she runs like new of course with 12,000 miles she should. I still need to put a front tire & rear turn signals & she will be good to go. the last pic just shows I need a bigger garage.LOL

Attachments

• ltd 700 001.jpg
    ltd 700 001.jpg
    90.4 KB
  • ltd 700 002.jpg
    ltd 700 002.jpg
    76.4 KB
  • ltd 700 003.jpg
    ltd 700 003.jpg
    82.7 KB
  • ltd 700 004.jpg
    ltd 700 004.jpg
    87.6 KB
  • ltd 700 005.jpg
    ltd 700 005.jpg
    86 KB
Wow, nice machine, and yes it is like brand new. Youve got a nice ride there. I notice in the pic that you have a SPIT FIRE rear tire.....Watch it. I have had bad experiences with those above 160 kms. Just a heads up.:biglaugh:

I took this thing out for a spin today its a really good riding bike. It spretty cool has a reguler gas gauge,4 way flashers, self cancelling signals, front & rear air suspension & a tach that doubles as a volt meter at the push of a button. It was pretty advanced for 85. Well if any one wants a cool little cruiser its for sale now for 1,700 OBO

Latest posts

Back