oil and clutch question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablotin

Reaction score
Hi,

I think I have already the answers but better to ask the experts :)
I have obviously a slipping clutch but I want to make sure I troubleshoot it properly before changing anything with no result.

First cause could be an bad oil condition (I need to flush the oil and to change it) since it could have been contaminated by gas.
Second cause could be a issue coming from the change of the master cylinder: issue on the hydraulic or on the lever not fully releasing the clutch.
Third cause could be an issue with the slave cylinder which could need to be repaired or replaced.
Fourth cause could be clutch it self which might need to be rebuilt.

Last day, I got stucked on the side of the road due to clutch issue. No matter what gear was in I could not simply accelerate. It occurred while the bike got warmed up then hot. I didn't feel it much when cold.
I did let the bike cooling down and bleed a bit the slave cylinder and it was partially fixed. It was still slipping but at least the bike was able to accelerate again.

I think I don't have bleeding or slave cylinder issue but I'm not 100% sure since I did bleed it manually (master and slave cylinders).
Since the issue started to get worst when hot, I might bet for bad oil condition.

What do you think ?

Btw for hot weather is the 20w50 the only way to go ? any other experience ?

When your clutch was slipping the most did you have any free play at your clutch handle? the fact that you blead off your slave and found improvement might indicate a faulty or incorrect master cyl, you may also have an issue with the brake hose not allowing fluid to return to the master easily from a bend, kink or internal obstruction...........................Tom.

no free play on the lever, same pressure.
I'm thinking to take a look at the hose and slave first.
I never had issues before I changed the master, so I suspect something there first.

no free play on the lever, same pressure.
I'm thinking to take a look at the hose and slave first.
I never had issues before I changed the master, so I suspect something there first.

I've always had slipping clutch, evrything mechanicly was always fine.
I think You may have polished steel plates.
Bed blasting those plates helps a lot.

Also Its time for DD mod which eleminates all problems.

EDIT:
That zx14 master works like a champ for me so I think You should check evrything again.

yes Przemek, I don't think the issue is coming from the master.
The pressure coming out from the slave is pretty good.

I guess I will inspect the clutch soon.
What will indicate if the issue is coming from the clutch plates ?

Back