Oil filter advice

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here trying to find a machinist it's like find a gold coin :) Wish me luck lol

Is the spin adapter similar to the one COO is selling ? I saw in the forum it wasn't easy to find and there's some clearance issue sometimes.

Here trying to find a machinist it's like find a gold coin :) Wish me luck lol

Is the spin adapter similar to the one COO is selling ? I saw in the forum it wasn't easy to find and there's some clearance issue sometimes.

Oh yeah, I forgot.
You also need to upgrade your rframe bracing pipe, that one just above the oil filter.
Try to talk with Sean!

I bought the filter adapter and frame brace from COO. The adapter was $30.00 off... It all came in a week.

NAPA Gold Line, I use them for all my vehicles. They usually have to order them in for the Max so I get 2 at a time. Under $6.

The benefit is the ease of changing the filter, I did not have to get the curved cross brace the straight cross brace is not in the way on my 85. I dont know if it was flipped over or what but i have lots of room.

The biggest advantage of the spin-on upgrade are:
-easy to buy spin-on then old type(at least in PL), they even sell spinons on gas stations and supermarkets here. V-max spinon type is used in many cars and motorcycles.
-lower price
-cleaner and easier to replace

-im not sure whats the diffrence beteween canaster and spion type, in performance. Sean?

I'm wondering about the difference once I install the spin on too. Wonder if it'll show a little more pressure because of the size and newer technology, finer filtering material???
I have a gauge now so I should be able to give some info once I install the new set up. I'm not in a rush though Oil, still good as is for another 2k miles.

Another advantage of a spin on filter is that you can partiallly/mostly fill it with oil at installation. I put an adaptor for a spin on filter on my ZX1100 and it will fill to the top. Oil pressure goes out immediatly upon start up.
Lew

My local auto parts has WIX. any good?:confused2:

Latest posts

Back