oil filter life?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still gotta pay shipping.

altho their regular ones are like 27 with shipping, thats same price i'd see on ebay.

read up on filters a bit last night. few people have said to stay away from fram, but no specific reasons. more rumor but who knows.

personally i dont like the fram's i did see lots of hot rod motors that i built that the oil pressure went up just from those filters, so didnt like that idea and never used them again, good old ac delco or gm filters for a gm motor worked just fine. so not sure if the bike would react the same way but rather not try

personally i dont like the fram's i did see lots of hot rod motors that i built that the oil pressure went up just from those filters, so didnt like that idea and never used them again, good old ac delco or gm filters for a gm motor worked just fine. so not sure if the bike would react the same way but rather not try

According to the gauge it does not, but there is a 65# by-pass in the system so maybe it does and I just can't see it. :confused2:

still gotta pay shipping.

altho their regular ones are like 27 with shipping, thats same price i'd see on ebay.

If you got 2 packages of them (4 filters in all) shipping would still only be $6.95 and it would work out to $14 and change a filter to your door!

That's not such a big deal if you have a room in the back of Harbor Freight, like Garrett :biglaugh:, but out here in the weeds it's huge!! :rofl_200:

i honestly might get 3 packs (6 filters). thats $12 a filter.

I use the Mobil 1 M-110 with no issues. Cost about 10 bucks and it's rated pretty high in filtering capacity.

Chris

thanks danny. weird ron ayers wants $10 for it where bikebandit and the dealer wants $25

yea i priced the 98 plug for the final drive it was 10.99. what part number is that up there? is that an '06's drain plug?

Latest posts

Back