Oil leak from carburetors?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvb34441

Reaction score
Just got home from a ride and noticed oil running down the left side of my motor down to the kickstand. Investigated further and it somehow seems to be coming from somewhere on the back side of the carburetors. It’s a pretty good amount of leakage as well. Hope these pictures help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Maybe your oil hose to the airbox is off? It sends oil vapor to the air filter box.

It's like a breather that goes to the base of the airbox. It may not be connected as the little nipple the hose attaches to isn't very big. Pull the top off the airbox and you will see it in the center at the rear of the base of the box..

It's like a breather that goes to the base of the airbox. It may not be connected as the little nipple the hose attaches to isn't very big. Pull the top off the airbox and you will see it in the center at the rear of the base of the box..
I just went ahead and removed the whole air box, is there supposed to be a clamp on the hose? If not that may have been my issue.

Yea it should have one of those wire spring clips. A real pain to get on when putting it back together.

It is just a breather hose so you can splice it to another same size hose if need be. I found that removing the fuel pump and going in through there was the easiest way. The amount of time I spent trying to get it on tucked up in there and removing the pump, it took about a quarter of the time.

Latest posts

Back