Pending Magnacharger install - tips?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just picked up a substantially complete Magnacharger kit and am in the process of gathering other odd bits and ends. Sean M. has graciously provided some input but I do have some other questions for those that have had a kit installed. . My preference is to start with low boost and basically stock timing and compression before looking to delve deeper into the engine. It came with a lower 25 tooth crank pulley and upper 20 so I’m guessing the slight overdrive puts it about 9-10psi? Can anyone confirm this? I’m looking to a start with 5-6psi so was wondering, if this is the case, if any one has a source for a 20 tooth crank pulley?

Also, does anyone happen to know the specs used on the Holley 4160 / 390? I understand it’s not the ultimate carb but I’m going to rebuild it including manifold / boost referencing the power valve but could use a starting point to tune. I do have an Innovate wide band kit once I have the basics locked in. It would be helpful to at least know the vacuum at idle so I can narrow down the correct power valve.

Although I haven’t checked for plate fitment, I’m thinking this system could really benefit from a water/ methanol injection set up. Has anyone done this?

Any other install tips ad tricks picked up along the way would also be appreciated.

Cheers, Terry

Magnacharger.jpg

Pau Novak did a high boost with Methanol Injection on a 1517 big bore with big cams and a lot of head work. He was still unable to get over the 200 rwhp mark so keep that in mind when building your project.

Latest posts

Back