please tell me you don't

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the closest I could find to the ones I have, I guess they're not "noise canceling" but they work like earplugs that play music. I bought mine at best buy or nebraska furniture mart, can't remember.

hmm, I found these
http://www.overstock.com/Electronic...oise-Canceling-Earphones/2876444/product.html

and these
http://www.overstock.com/Electronic...oise-Canceling-Earphones/3298216/product.html

Are they like yours? Are yours actually Sony's?

I'm really interested in the noise canceling feature more than for listening to music - my ears ring a lot (I've had tinnitus for many years) and every hour at highway speed on Maxine is felt! SO if noise canceling helps, I wanna try it! :clapping:

This is the closest I could find to the ones I have, I guess they're not "noise canceling" but they work like earplugs that play music. I bought mine at best buy or nebraska furniture mart, can't remember.

http://www.overstock.com/Electronic...=lUX1zWe5t5E-GlnC5jRxf4bcKHVlbL1M0g&cid=82163

hmm, I found these
http://www.overstock.com/Electronic...oise-Canceling-Earphones/2876444/product.html

and these
http://www.overstock.com/Electronic...oise-Canceling-Earphones/3298216/product.html

Are they like yours? Are yours actually Sony's?

I'm really interested in the noise canceling feature more than for listening to music - my ears ring a lot (I've had tinnitus for many years) and every hour at highway speed on Maxine is felt! SO if noise canceling helps, I wanna try it! :clapping:
Like Frosty72 says "they work like ear plugs that play music". Every ear canal is different so if you can get a set that fits well you should be good. I like the Koss unit I bought b/c the have the moldable memory foam so they fit and seal well. My Fulmer helmet was noisy (flipup style) so I am going with a traditional full face for next season with the hope of less wind noise. I try to wear ear protection every ride.

My Fulmer helmet was noisy (flipup style) so I am going with a traditional full face for next season with the hope of less wind noise. I try to wear ear protection every ride.

I wear a Schuberth S1 flip-up that is most definitely on the quiet side, and also 33dB noise reduction ear plugs on my highway rides, plus I have a tall windscreen.

But it still makes my ears rings after 1 hour+ high speed riding, hence the interest in noise canceling ear buds.

If anyone else uses these and has a recommendation I'm 'all ears'! :biglaugh:

Mine are Sony, here is another option http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/blockade-noise-isolating-earbuds.html .

Huligan, on this site, let me know about a pair of moldable earphones, I can't even remeber the name now. I did buy them, you have to mix the two putties together to make a mold of your ear around the buds that are in your ear canal. It was easy to do and when they were in right they were very nice, never hurt my ear at all. The problem I had was that they seemed to shift out of my ear sometimes so I had to push them back in. So, again, like Redbone said, every ear is different and maybe something like this would work better for you. I ended up peeling the foam mold off after a couple of months and just use them like regular in ear buds.

Maybe Frank will read this and let you now what the brand was, I think they were about $50.

I would not buy the $13 earbuds you linked to. The Sony buds have a very soft very thin rubber piece that seals off you ear canal, I think that is the important part of the bud.

is there no model # on your Sony set? All the other ones I've looked at seem like they'd be too big and uncomfortable inside a helmet.

I actually have a set of custom molded twin-driver ear phones I use when touring, but unfortunately they are also uncomfortable inside the helmet after a while.:confused2:

So far the best protection I've found is foam earplugs I buy at Walgreens that are 'Xtreme protection' and rated at NRR 33, but they do not stop the ringing after an hour so I'm really interested in noise canceling plugs.

BTW, where does is your mic for the noise cancelling located on the Sony ones? In the control box, or in the ear buds themselves? :ummm:

My Sony buds are not "noise canceling", they are just in ear buds. I know I said noise canceling in my first response but I meant that they plug the canal. I don't have the model #, they are two years old or more so I doubt that the same number would help anyway.

I don't know what you can get that would be better than the foam earplugs that you already buy. I also wear those if I don't want to listen to music on a longer ride and they are great for me, just a low thud from the exhaust. You must have a very loud exhaust, mine is the older ufo and I thought it was loud.

Sorry I can't tell you anymore, I think you might want to PM Huligan and ask him what the name of those earphone are that you mold to the shape of your ear.

I use ear plugs and then have speakers in my helmet. I can hook them into either my iPhone or my Zumo GPS unit. I have music on the Garmin Zumo and can have XM as well if I want to pay for it which I don't. It also allows me to listen to the nav. Many who have ridden with me will attest to how well the nav works.

I use ear plugs and then have speakers in my helmet. I can hook them into either my iPhone or my Zumo GPS unit. I have music on the Garmin Zumo and can have XM as well if I want to pay for it which I don't. It also allows me to listen to the nav. Many who have ridden with me will attest to how well the nav works.
Chris,
How do they sound when cruising? Do you have pictures of your helmet setup? Or maybe just a link to the brand you purchased?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hey where did you get these and what are they?

Do you have any links, or at least the brand / model #?

thx

Go to www.bigearinc.com they do custom fit earplugs of all types. Bluetooth, wired and so on. they have a booth at the international motorcycle show or go to thier website to see if they have any local reps to fit you.

I've seen big ear at bike events. Too expensive for me.
For the same amount of money the Q2 Rider gave me bluetooth, bike to bike coms and FM stereo. No to mention when I get a nav in the future I'm good to go.

I listen to my MP3 at times. I have loud pipes so I can still here my engine...Nothing like Nickel back cranked up in the twisties..maybe a little ozzy at times. I see nothing wrong with it.

I like a little Sammy I CAN'T RIDE 55 :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back