Price for a 93

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expect to see the 85's start going up in value before long. $3500 seems to be about the bottom line for any of the older 80's vmax if they are in decent shape. Thats about what they cost new in 85!

85's already have been going up in value, 3,500$ in 85 is'nt accurate I don't think, i'll check it out, but I think it was 4,995 or something like that, I paid top $ for my 85, but waited a long time befor I could afford it.

I found a 93 with 4000 miles for $5000. I'm going to look at it tomorrow. Sounded like a good deal. I was just wondering what they when for new. Does that sound like a good price. It's supposed to be in excellent condition.

The Vmax is like fine wine and cheese, the older they are they still retain high value. and when you see one for a cheap price it`s probably because the owner has to sell it being hard pressed for cash.:bang head:
But, like they said they all are about-,$4-5,000 wether accessorized or not.
I bought my 2000 max in 2006 for $5,000 with a windshield and a set of Dale Walkers hole shot slip on cans but had to do the carb work (mixture adjustment) myself and I think I got a pretty good deal on it with only 15,000 miles on it. :punk:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info everyone. I ended up getting the bike for 4,900. I'm super excited. The bike is a 93 with 4,400 miles always garage kept in mint condition. Now I just have to wait a couple of months until the weather improves so I can ride.

Thanks for the info everyone. I ended up getting the bike for 4,900. I'm super excited. The bike is a 93 with 4,400 miles always garage kept in mint condition. Now I just have to wait a couple of months until the weather improves so I can ride.

Congrads man!

we are all PATIENTLY waiting..

i got my '94 with 7k miles on it last yr in lancaster...

Dude, 5 large for a stock bike albeit, low miles. PASS....
There are way too many out there that have thousands of extras already done and lovingly cared for in the same price range. There was a ultra customized Max go for 8,400 a few weeks ago and that an absolute steal for all the work and parts done to it. Hell, I wish I would have bid on it. Keep looking friend. Seems there are more on Ebay than anywhere else. Try holding out for a 96 or newer. Good luck.:clapping:

There was just a long thread about this issue under "which Year Max is Best". A better description of the bikes development over the years can be found on a different site. I can research and send you the link if you like. In short, the 96 is the first year with the latest mods such as bigger forks, spin on oil filter, four brush stater, improved Stator and pick ups, bigger brake rotors and four piston calipers. That covers most of it I think.:punk:

Latest posts

Back