Problem with dyna

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As the manual for >90 dyna's says:

...The green status LED will show the operation of sideastand switch, retard input, two step input and the MAP sensor. When the engine is not running,
the green LED will illuminate when the sideastand is down with the bike in the gear. Secondly, when the engine is not running, the green LED will illuminate when the white wire (retard input) is grounded.
When the engine is not running, the green LED will illuminate when the two-step input (red/white wire) is grounded. FINALY WHEN VACCUM IS APPLIED WHEN THE ENGINE IS NOT RUNNING, THE STATUS LED WILL ILLUMINATE INDICATING THE MAP SENSOR INPUT IS WORKING.
When the engine is running the green LED will illuminate when the WOT is sensed...

http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/Support-Released/Dynatek/Manuals/D3K7-7.pdf

Who told you to take it off?

I had a brand new dyna , Sean can explain more but at idle for some reason it dropped 2 cylinders, once above idle it worked fine. I sent it back an just used my stock unit.

As the manual for >90 dyna's says:

...The green status LED will show the operation of sideastand switch, retard input, two step input and the MAP sensor. When the engine is not running,
the green LED will illuminate when the sideastand is down with the bike in the gear. Secondly, when the engine is not running, the green LED will illuminate when the white wire (retard input) is grounded.
When the engine is not running, the green LED will illuminate when the two-step input (red/white wire) is grounded. FINALY WHEN VACCUM IS APPLIED WHEN THE ENGINE IS NOT RUNNING, THE STATUS LED WILL ILLUMINATE INDICATING THE MAP SENSOR INPUT IS WORKING.
When the engine is running the green LED will illuminate when the WOT is sensed...

http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/Support-Released/Dynatek/Manuals/D3K7-7.pdf

Who told you to take it off?

that is for the early dyna 1985-89
mine is 90-
dont have even a green light.
mine is D3K6-7

i have changed all wiring harness with 90 and above and all electrical components

I had a brand new dyna , Sean can explain more but at idle for some reason it dropped 2 cylinders, once above idle it worked fine. I sent it back an just used my stock unit.

Did you use your dyna with stock carbs or with fcr's. If you used it with fcr's did you have (kept) your boost sensor installed. cause of what i understood this causes it. i have the same issue here

Think it's been covered already but;

The MAP Sensor, or Vaccum/Pressure sensor is absolutely needed for an electronic ignition to work properly.

Without the map sensor the ignition can only vary ignition timing (retard or advance) according to it's fixed "MAP" using RPM only without regards to how heavily the engine loaded.

As the engine is loaded differently (uphill, downhil, trying to execute a pass without downshifting etc.) manifold vaccum will change for different loading conditions even at the same exact RPM and Speed.
The ignition box uses the map sensor to detect how loaded the engine is and vary timing accordingly.

The newer systems of course use a hell of a lot more sensors than that...

Without it it's gonna run poorly

Back