Q about fuel & paint adhesion.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
If I contaminate a fiberglass part with fuel. Will paint or chrome still adhere to the surface? What kind of prep would insure the paint or chrome to stick?

Thanks

No paint guys here?:confused2:

If its saturated you might have problems, sand it down that get a sealer/epoxy primer and try.

i know a painter and he cleans everything with fuel and paints. Guess the glass being more porous might be a issue but test it out, might be ok

If its saturated you might have problems, sand it down that get a sealer/epoxy primer and try.

sand then wipe it down with wax and grease remover.
then seal it. the sealer will prevent any reactions.

Thanks.

The fiberglass isnt saturated with fuel yet. Im talking about functional scoops for flat slides from ramair4vmax.com Iv been told I can test.Then clean with Alcohol/DX 103. Fine sand, reclean and then have them chromed. But after hearing two people actually have them running Im tempted to paint them before any fuel to seal. Then strip the paint if I want to chrome them later. To risky when the chrome alone costs $400

Latest posts

Back