R1 tail end help please

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V92max

Reaction score
R1 tail end help for my Max

Hello everyone, I've had a great time reading up on these forums. I would like to see if anyone could help me. I have been wanting to put an R1/R6 tail on my Vmax. I thought I saw one a while back and the gentleman told me he put the complete subframe on. Does anyone have any advice or experience with this? Thank you very much for your help too and everyone...ride safe!

Attachments

• SWMOsport.JPG
    SWMOsport.JPG
    50.7 KB
  • SANY1253.JPG
    SANY1253.JPG
    57.3 KB
Those tails can be mounted, but as you were told a sub-frame has to be built to accomplish this. My advice would be to check Exactrep, Techno bike, or any of the European Vmax sites and see what they have to offer for sport tails. Boxenstopp in Florida also sells the Euro style tails.

The advantage is the fact that you will be getting a sport tail that is designed to fit onto a Vmax frame without having to fab up your own. I also know a gent in the UK that has a one of a kind sport tail for sale that is reasonably priced and looks similar to an 03 R1 tail. PM me if you are interested and I can get pics for you.

Very interesting, thank you for your help. It gives me something to go off of at least! Thanks again!

Python motorsports would be another option, he's running an R1 on his blown/nirous bike.

When you start the build, let us know and don't forget to take alot of pictures :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back