Ride on Martha's Vineyard

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestdaledave

Reaction score
MARTHA'S VINEYARD RIDE. I'm going out to the Vineyard July 5th or 6th, it is flexible. Anyone has any interest? For those who don't know, Martha's Vineyard is an Island of the coast (10 miles) of MA. Very pleasant riding. Forestdaledave

4th of July was always a lot of fun on MV! Do they still do the Harborfest too?

I sure hope they have repaved those cobblestone streets on MV, otherwise your in for a bumpy ride! LOL!

We used to take our bicycles to MV or Nantucket every summer. Great Times!

4th of July was always a lot of fun on MV! Do they still do the Harborfest too?

I sure hope they have repaved those cobblestone streets on MV, otherwise your in for a bumpy ride! LOL!

We used to take our bicycles to MV or Nantucket every summer. Great Times!

The cobblestones are on Nantucket. To tell you the truth I wouldn't take my V-max to Nantucket. Island too small and too many dirt roads. I wonder what gas is selling for there? Ibet it is over 5 a gallon. Dave

I hear ya on the gas prices!
It's been over 25-30 years since I've been there.
So I only really remember that we had a lot of fun whenever we went there, despite the bumpy rides!

The plan is this. Meeting in Woods Hole at the Steamship Authority at 7:55 A.M. . Take the 8:15 boat to Vineyard Haven. $58 round trip for the bike and $15 per person. If you do come remember to fuel in Falmouth. Dave

To let every one know; The ride on the Vineyard was great. No problem with crowds or finding room on the Ferry either going or returning. The Vineyard is simply just a pleasure to ride.
Dave

Back