Riding jacket

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the input!.......I compared the Air intake model to the Senora which is slightly longer in store, I liked the fit of the intake better and was comfortable wearing it, the helmet I'm looking at is the HJC CL16 Slayer model in black/silver, it is Snell/DOT approved so I will meet tech at the drag strip, the one I tried on was a large and I thought it fit slightly tight but the salesman said it would loosen up somewhat, after what you wrote I'm thinking about the XL size now, I will compare on my next visit, I will also be checking the manufacturing dates and have him get the "freshest" one available, thanks again!............Tom.

I am not a racer (anymore) nor am I a pro in the mcy industry. I do have 44 yrs. of experience riding and know what works for me, so I am happy to share. If the XL is sloppy (the 'test' for this involves the 'side-to-side violent headshake' followed by the 'Beavis & Butthead forward-&-back headshake,' if the helmet shifts so much that it moves into the field of vision, it's too-loose) then the L should do the trick. Just don't get one that has 'pressure points' which make it uncomfortable in the showroom, I don't care what any salesman says, it will never 'get better!' Look for a better fit, which may involve another manufacturer. Take your time and vote w/your $! The one you are looking at appears to have good stuff-removable liner, easily-replaceable shields, DOT, etc. I have found that I really like my second internal sun visor besides the outer clear visor. You did your homework, enjoy what you choose, & ride safely.

Went to the Yami dealer tonight and purchaced my Tourmaster Air Intake 2 jacket and HJC CL16 Slayer helmet, I tried on both the large and XL helmets and chose the XL for comfort, thank you for all the time and input in helping me make the best choice in my budget range!.........................Tom.

Latest posts

Back