Rust-oleum engine enamel?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
Im looking for any input good or bad about Rust-oleum engine enamel on the Vmax engine.

Iv found a bit of info stating Rust-oleum is user friendly but doesnt resist UV as well as automotive engine paint.

Im looking at a bike for sale which has this new on the engine.

I've painted the midpipe on my exhaust, as well as the end caps on the can with it. Seems to be holding up pretty well so far. Oh, and the reservoir cover.

I use rust-o-leum rattle cans all the time on metal parts....it's s'posed to have 'etching' properties, and seems to hold up very well.

Talking about their regular stuff, not sure about the engine paint but would think it would work well also.

I have used their "Industrial" logo'd stuff that comes in the tall silver cans. Used their primer first on a stripped waterpump cover. Coverage was very good and I think it builds up fast so don't over do it. I ended up with a little orange peel onthe part but not bad enough to strip it. They also have a clear which I did not use. In the end, I have a powdercoater to dosmall items very reasonable and you can't beat the durability. Only thing I would question is if it held up next to the exhuast pipe flanges and areas subject to high temps. It's plenty glossy and reasonably tough. Price ain't bad.

Back