Sallymax Lives!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danny bike looks great! I see though that you have overlooked changing your stock seat to a Morley seat.

Danny bike looks great! I see though that you have overlooked changing your stock seat to a Morley seat.

Thank you sir. :worthy: I sure haven't overlooked the seat Kevin!! Every time I go for a ride I'm harshly reminded of what the next purchase will be!! That stock seat is an ass buster for sure! :bang head:
Just waiting for some coin to 'back up' in the ol' checking account!! :biglaugh:

Of course you know the rules Danny, we need pics!:biglaugh:
:ttiwwp:

Ah, you know me Brian...never been one to shy away from showing off my ride!! :biglaugh: Pics will follow shortly, just waiting for the paint to dry on the radiator grill and one more little UPS delivery, a 'finishing touch' thing.

Well MP, the very first thing will be another seat for Sallymax....Ouch, SHIT, ouch...my ass hurts!!! :bang head::bang head::biglaugh:
Do like I do, don't bolt the front section on, then you can switch the seats between Dannymax and Sallymax. Thus saving you from staying off Sallymax just b/c the seating is subpar. When you get the new seat you will be golden. :thumbs up:
Just ask Uncle Redbone, having a non numb azz is good!:punk:

Dang Danny, sweet ride. I don't what you started with and would have enjoyed a "before" picture. Anyhow, seems like everyone has an opinion on the Red Stripe. Ooopps, thats the beer, I meant red stripe. I think the stripe sets off the bike juuust enough, brings out the scoop script and just looks cool. I think taping the rear over would be a great option if you decide on that scheme and that way you don't ruin an original red striped wheel. I can't tell you how long I have been looking for a factory red stripe front wheel. Maybe I'll fire off an email to Sean and see if he has one for me. Again, awesome rebuild. PATMAX.:clapping:

Do like I do, don't bolt the front section on, then you can switch the seats between Dannymax and Sallymax. Thus saving you from staying off Sallymax just b/c the seating is subpar. When you get the new seat you will be golden. :thumbs up:
Just ask Uncle Redbone, having a non numb azz is good!:punk:

Bones yer a friggin' genius!! :punk:Why didn't I think of that?? :confused2:

Dang Danny, sweet ride. I don't what you started with and would have enjoyed a "before" picture. Anyhow, seems like everyone has an opinion on the Red Stripe. Ooopps, thats the beer, I meant red stripe. I think the stripe sets off the bike juuust enough, brings out the scoop script and just looks cool. I think taping the rear over would be a great option if you decide on that scheme and that way you don't ruin an original red striped wheel. I can't tell you how long I have been looking for a factory red stripe front wheel. Maybe I'll fire off an email to Sean and see if he has one for me. Again, awesome rebuild. PATMAX.:clapping:

Thanks a bunch Pat, one of the main reasons I got Sallymax in the first place was to hopefully score the red striped wheels, but the front one was bent and .......oh, I don't know...this is just the way it turned out.

I have a pretty detailed set of pictures in my album titled "Sallymax" if you want to check it out all the way through the rebuild.

Honestly, I didn't do all that much, a bunch of the forum guys got together and sent me tons of great parts....all I did was bolt them on, really. Take a look at post # 1 of this thread, it's just incredible what everybody sent me.

Of course you know the rules Danny, we need pics!:biglaugh:
:ttiwwp:

Absolutely Brian.....here they are, a completed Sallymax!!

When I was out in "Giant Pecker" country taking these pics I noticed this furry faced little primate prick peeking out from behind the trees.......GET OUTTA HERE YA LITTLE BASTAGE......CAN"T CHA SEE I'M BROKE!!!

He doesn't give a shit, just crouches out there looking at me....has no idea I had to sell the last of Moneypit's blood just to finish this thing!! :biglaugh:

He's coming to get me again........I can feel it! :bang head:

Oh, fuggit, I'll just pop over to Cycle One Off for a minute or two, say hi to Tom......yeah, just say hi, that's all.....ah, mayhap check out an O/P gauge, those are really important!! Not having one could cost you lots.............blah, blah, justify, rationalize, blah, blah!! :biglaugh:

He got me!!!

Attachments

• 100_1413_edited.jpg
    100_1413_edited.jpg
    73.1 KB
  • 100_1415.jpg
    100_1415.jpg
    170.5 KB
  • 100_1417.jpg
    100_1417.jpg
    166.3 KB

When I was out in "Giant Pecker" country taking these pics I noticed this furry faced little primate prick peeking out from behind the trees.......GET OUTTA HERE YA LITTLE BASTAGE......CAN"T CHA SEE I'M BROKE!!!

He doesn't give a shit, just crouches out there looking at me....has no idea I had to sell the last of Moneypit's blood just to finish this thing!! :biglaugh:

Oh, fuggit, I'll just pop over to Cycle One Off for a minute or two, say hi to Tom......yeah, just say hi, that's all.....ah, mayhap check out an O/P gauge, those are really important!! Not having one could cost you lots.............blah, blah, justify, rationalize, blah, blah!! :biglaugh:

He got me!!!

haha awesome! ordering an o/p kit myself for the next oil change... almost put 2k miles so far this year on mine so its about due.. another few hundred miles...

I'm waiting on mine o/p gauge, frame sliders, and shift light mount COO too.
Tom's powdercoater took a vacation or something, hopefully it will get here soon.:confused2:

DannyMax, Looking at the woodsy pictures I couldn't help but feel like that was a nasty ass black bear waiting in hiding behind a tree looking to tear up some unsuspecting Red riding hood. Sounds like V Max behavior to me.

DannyMax, Looking at the woodsy pictures I couldn't help but feel like that was a nasty ass black bear waiting in hiding behind a tree looking to tear up some unsuspecting Red riding hood. Sounds like V Max behavior to me.

That's pretty good PatMax!! You got the spirit of the area dialed right in. We've seen several black bears here, one came on the back deck last year and made off with my wife's entire winter supply of bird food. It was in a 30 gal. galvanized garbage can, prolly weighed around 85 lbs. Some hunters found the empty can about 1/2 mile further back in the woods!

It definitely can get wierd here after dark, all kinds of spooky activity!! :th_smilie:

That's pretty good PatMax!! You got the spirit of the area dialed right in. We've seen several black bears here, one came on the back deck last year and made off with my wife's entire winter supply of bird food. It was in a 30 gal. galvanized garbage can, prolly weighed around 85 lbs. Some hunters found the empty can about 1/2 mile further back in the woods!

It definitely can get wierd here after dark, all kinds of spooky activity!! :th_smilie:

the brownie run doesn't take place in teh dark right?:th_scared:

C'mon Danny. At least you can do is show them the picture of the bear so they know what they're up against.

As far as the spooky activity, I think the kids down the street are just trying to find a little religion, I'm sure they're harmless. :icon_axe:

Attachments

• mutantbear.jpg
    mutantbear.jpg
    26.8 KB
  • children-of-the-corn.jpg
    children-of-the-corn.jpg
    23.9 KB

He got me!!!
OUT IN THE WOODS , JUST YOU & SALLYMAX , DAN , ARE YOU JUST A WOODSMAN , OR WERE YOU JUST STARING AT HER & GETTING A WOODY ? "LOL""LOL" :rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back