Scropion trial 2 tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnoud

Reaction score
HI All,

New to this forum I live in Malta europe and bought a 1992 VMAX 1200 after being motor-less (harley). for years I am new to the max. And do have a question regards the tires as there is a lot of knowledge here so hoping to find a answer.
I am thinking during the winter changing the tires to scorpion trail 2, because its a all terrain tire and have read good reviews on this tire.
I thinking of this because of our roads and i am not a agressive rider.
Anybody on here has run this type of tire on their max? and what is was or is your experiance.
Much appreciated

I'm just curios.
Do you mean all terrain as in off road and snow? Or does that just mean tire tread design?
I would think a sticky tire would be your best bet. Because I cant imagine off road on a VMAX or riding in snow and ice.
You do know the VMax is 624 lbs, right? And the bigger scoop of that 624lbs is on the front wheel.
So If your VMax see's off road, I'm pretty sure it's gonna say Nru tal-Infern!

I'm just curios.
Do you mean all terrain as in off road and snow? Or does that just mean tire tread design?
I would think a sticky tire would be your best bet. Because I cant imagine off road on a VMAX or riding in snow and ice.
You do know the VMax is 624 lbs, right? And the bigger scoop of that 624lbs is on the front wheel.
So If your VMax see's off road, I'm pretty sure it's gonna say Nru tal-Infern!
No not for offroad more like gravel. Should see our roads 😬 so yeah the tread design. You have experiance with these tires? Thnx

No not for offroad more like gravel. Should see our roads 😬 so yeah the tread design. You have experiance with these tires? Thnx
No. Like I said, I think the softest stinkiest tire would be best.
The only experience I can tell you is if you can afford to, get 17" or 18" rims so you can put radial tires on your VMax. In my opinion it is the best thing you can do to improve handling.

Back