September Dues Increase

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A dues increase may be easier to handle if the membership had a timeline as to when these new changes/improvements were going to take place.

It is unfortunate (and not your fault) but if changes are referred to simply as something that will happen sometime in the future, some folks (excluding the kool-aid drinkers) may debate renewing a more expensive membership.

Just my 2 cents.

Blaine

Interesting you would say that! The improvements are starting today!! The new VMOA website is coming online as we speak, for those that have tried to get to the old site you will note it is no longer active. As people begin to check out the site they will notice that we have now added some very nice functions, including a chat/IM function that is very, very nice, and opened up direct lines of communication for the members to pose questions to the Board and provide feedback as to what they want to happen (something that was not there in the past).

As always it is up to the individual whether or not they want to renew or not. I see here where some say "Why join the VMOA when I get the same thing here for free?", really I can't argue with that as people set their own priorities. The VMOA has not moved ahead with the rest of the clubs out there, but we are changing that. The store will be offering new products soon as we explore several options, we are looking at making the VBoost a full colour magazine, and the hope is that we will again be providing a subsidy to local events next summer. Getting back on your feet from a financial issue is always difficult, but we will make it and move forward.

At the present time I won?t be renewing my VMOA membership. Increasing my donation here seems to make more sense for me right now. I get what I need right here and then some. There are some great people in the VMOA for sure. Many belong to the VMF too. Public bickering has worn me down. A lack of member input into the decisions that are made has always bothered me too. I wish the VMOA the best of luck. Jim, Dave, Kelvin and the rest of the hard working volunteers, a big thank you.
Steve

Sorry you feel this way Steve, you are going to miss out on what we have going on. Hopefully you will see or hear of the things we are doing and decide to re-join.

"Why join the VMOA when I get the same thing here for free?", really I can't argue with that as people set their own priorities.

I politely disagree with your use of the word "priorities". While it is true that it is free to join vmaxforum.net, many members are Forum Supporters. Along with the money aspect, there is the donation of time, tech info, tutorials, ride recommendations, stories, jokes, pictures, consumer reports, etc.

I am happy to hear about the success of the new VMOA website. Keep up the good work.

Blaine

Well not for nothing But , Jim I know you have been giving your best to get that dead old horse moving but you have been at it for almost a year ! I watch from the sidelines and take notes and can't understand why you just don't go the root of Starvmax (FREE) , they meet put on dragrace days , have rides , share info , and yes become friends for free! No they don't have the Vboost Rag , but who would really miss the same OLD shop talk over and over again
Just my 2ct
Mark Rooney
Former North East Director

Sorry not trying to be harsh ,(Nothing ment bad at Jim ) just pointing out an undeniable truth , Government does not work how can you expect the Vmoa to ? Everyone seems to need more money yet there isn't much out there

Well not for nothing But , Jim I know you have been giving your best to get that dead old horse moving but you have been at it for almost a year ! I watch from the sidelines and take notes and can't understand why you just don't go the root of Starvmax (FREE) , they meet put on dragrace days , have rides , share info , and yes become friends for free! No they don't have the Vboost Rag , but who would really miss the same OLD shop talk over and over again
Just my 2ct
Mark Rooney
Former North East Director

Mark,

The VMOA isnt all about the Vboost. Its a user community of fellow enthusiasts. I have been to starmax and actually, I dont like its design layout. What about here, VMAXFORUM has been around for years and the same questions now are being asked over and over IMHO. Dont get me wrong, I still do enjoy this site too. Yes, we all have our preferences. The VMOA's site has all user info so one can see and contact who is in their local, regional or all around the world areas to hookup, make new friends, etc. We have added several new features on the new website such as live instant messaging like facebook's, chatrooms for group meetings, updated user forums with easy youtube and picture uploads, now even a section to communicate directly with the VMOA board, and much much more.... Yes, the VMOA is more than just a website, as I said its a place rides of alike interests can catch up and enjoy what they like best, RIDING!

Jim has been doing an awesome job managing the VMOA. He has taken on a tough task of cleaning up years and years of compiling complications from previous reigns. So far in the past year, the VMOA has come a long way, but we still do have plenty more to clean up to get things rolling even better again. Membership is on its rise once again which shows we are heading in the right path.

Just my 2 cents here....

Mark,

The VMOA isnt all about the Vboost. Its a user community of fellow enthusiasts. I have been to starmax and actually, I dont like its design layout. What about here, VMAXFORUM has been around for years and the same questions now are being asked over and over IMHO. Yes, the VMOA is more than just a website, as I said its a place rides of alike interests can catch up and enjoy what they like best, RIDING!
</p>
It's funny that you slag other forums yet structure the VMOA forum exactly like this one! Look at a question on the VMOA forum about Corbin seats... wow, how original and not to be found here . And isn't this forum "a place rides of alike interests can catch up and enjoy what they like best, RIDING!"? I find it ironic that you bad mouth this and other forums but you had no issue selling your shirts here for months on end yet don't have the fucking decency to donate money as a Forum Supporter.... pathetic!

Always wondered what the VMOA could bring more especially to non US riders. Im still wondering.

I don't really understand why all the effort isn't made here.

No judgment i just dont get it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

</p>
It's funny that you slag other forums yet structure the VMOA forum exactly like this one! Look at a question on the VMOA forum about Corbin seats... wow, how original and not to be found here . And isn't this forum "a place rides of alike interests can catch up and enjoy what they like best, RIDING!"? I find it ironic that you bad mouth this and other forums but you had no issue selling your shirts here for months on end yet don't have the fucking decency to donate money as a Forum Supporter.... pathetic!

For one, I was a supporter here for the time I have been here. It must have just been removed. I'm not a fool not to support whom helps me and I have helped this forum in supporting so for you to assume says a lot to what you know about me. To use such vulgar language is so uncalled for and I dont see ever anywhere where I have done that. That to me says a lot about you how you belittle others you argue with. Everyone that is so anti-VMOA always keep taking our words and turning things around taking cheap shots back us. I know we all have our opinions and thats fine, we are entitled to them being individuals. I personally never slander other forums, but just state my opinion. I said I didnt like the starmax site's layout when I went online there. Did I slander it, no. I just stated that I didnt like the layout is all. As to vmaxforum, Gary has run a nice vbulletin forum here over the years indeed, but here how many times can one ask the same question? If you search its here. This is a wealth of knowledge about our beloved bikes, THE VMAX! I thank this site for being here to help us all.

As to your corbin seat response, like how many ways can one this question? It was answered directly as it should have been. If its asked, its answered, just like any forum. Who cares if its out there, its put right at face value so the person didnt have to go all around the internet to find it. Remember, some people arent as computer savy as others so they wont take the time searching all over for the answer.

No matter what the vmoa says, you all are just going to have a comeback to any degree firing back here.....As for me...I'm done with this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back