Side stand switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidon

Reaction score
I'm still getting power cut out in the middle of running..now when cold and after accelerating hardish..I'm suspecting the side stand switch or my new tach connection.

First how tight is the nut that holds the plate which pushes against the switch supposed to be? Very tight or snug or finger tight? Would this have an effect? Can the switch be pushed in during excessive vibration causing a cut-off of power?

Second I have two tachs connected at the same point..I'm trying to confirm tach readings between the two before I remove the original. I'm wondering if this is sending wacky signals and causing cut-off. I have noticed the new tach seems to have episodes of jumping from 4 to 5 g's very quickly during some cruising runs. Again don't know if having two tachs simultaneously is screwing readings up.

Unplug the side stand switch and run a jumper wire connecting the harness side connector. If your tach is jumping around like that it's probably an issue. That signal feeds your ignition and fuel pump too so may be an issue running two tachs.

Appears double tach was the problem..took orig one off and no probs after a couple hours of riding

Latest posts

Back