Sparrowhawk Performance - VMax Exhaust & Aftermarket

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparrowhawk Performance

Professional Procrastinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Long time listener, first time caller.

Having initially developed a standalone air filter lid that allows the filter to be removed (to be cleaned or replaced) back in November of 22' I am making an attempt at developing after market motorcycle bits - beginning with supporting the Vmax 1200 (and 1700 soon after).

I have a fascination with applying the latest commercially (and non-commercially) available technologies and practices to a more accessible price point. Much like in racing, technologies developed at the highest levels eventually will work their way into mainstream automotive. I would like to expedite that transition so we can all enjoy the benefits of cutting edge technologies and processes. I also have machining equipment such as a CNC mill, and CNC lathe in my garage and dabble in billet parts.

I don't want to claim to know all the answers of engine performance, or even that I'm adequately educated in motorsport design. I've been pit crew for a top fuel dragster team (specializing in bottom end, but assisted team owners in complete disassembly and assembly in off seasons of the entire dragster and all it's componentry), built experimental aircraft focusing primarily in composite componentry, and dabble with Isle of Mann TT vintage circuit bikes. These experiences I believe offer a guiding hand in the development of my products, and I try to apply all the knowledge gained from these amazing experiences.

I personally acquired a Kerker 4-1 exhaust for my vMAX, and absolutely loved the sound. The 2.5" comp baffle had deteriorated beyond repair, so I initially wanted to develop my own muffler (just a personal goal of mine) to which I found pretty great success audio and performance wise. I named it the "Cannon" muffler. It has a 2.5" through ID, and is compatible as a bolt on replacement to the Kerker muffler.

The 2.5" Cannon Muffler utilizes a 316L stainless steel metal 3D printed end cap, in which stainless steel powder is melted with a high powered laser. Once the layer is melted, a fresh layer of powder is spread on-top. Layer by layer, you eventually have the part. This process is a real personal favourite and fascination of mine, and I try to utilize this technology in every product. This muffler also has a laser cut titanium emblem for no other reason than because I like titanium, and want to have it included.

https://www.sparrowhawkperformance.com/product-page/2-5-cannon-muffler

An inquiry via Facebook requested me to attempt to develop a Kerker Comp baffle, to which I had taken design cues from but was a perfect donor for metal 3D printing technology. The "Screamer" 2.5" Baffle was designed, and a wonderful demonstration of the technology was born. This baffle has features that are only possible via this technology. The Screamer baffle is compatible with existing Kerker 4-1 mufflers.

https://www.sparrowhawkperformance.com/product-page/2-5-screamer-baffle-kerker-4-1-compatible

A 4-1 full exhaust along with a 4-2 dual muffler exhaust is well into it's development, and will soon be available. Inspired as well by the Kerker with some minor, and some significant changes.

I hope to continue to develop products for our community. I absolutely love my Vmax, it was my dad's screensaver growing up, and has a special place in my heart. It's a huge honour to be able to be part of your guy's pride and joy, and I hope to meet a lot of you on vMAX meet ups and rides in years to come.

Thank you for having me!

Attachments

• PXL_20240910_061700770.jpg
    PXL_20240910_061700770.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240826_002244002.jpg
    PXL_20240826_002244002.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240708_044047058.jpg
    PXL_20240708_044047058.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240910_075210740.jpg
    PXL_20240910_075210740.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20240910_062349443.jpg
    PXL_20240910_062349443.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Thank you for the kind comments guys. There's still a lot to figure out - I certainly want to ensure that I get everything up to a standard that I deem is proper, and can be proud of - before I list something for sale. The 4-1 full system is kind of the first flagship product - so I want to make sure it's as good as possible - but more so that it's produced in a consistent repeatable fashion. If I was just building one off - I would have had it done LONG ago. Developing the process of jigs, laser cut parts, machined bit, metal printed bits, procurement, floor space, the whole works. It's quite a challenge!

We're almost there though. Little hang up on the final collector set up and jigging, but very very close to being ready. Once the first official "Jig tested" prototype is complete, put some miles down and see how she feels, get some AF charts done up, and some dyno charts. We'll see what happens!

Back