Starfighter VS sportmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
What would you choose and why? The sportmax looks better imo. Hate to buy from cornell. Is the build quality of the sportmax seat better than the ufo?

You could always buy from Morley and keep it in the family.

Plus Furber isn't going to be building seats for a while (I suspect.)

I think you know where I stand right? lol I have Morley's and it's great. John Furber was in a really bad accident so don't look for anything from him for several months.

Chris

Clintard, looks like you have been on this forum for a hundred years so I will make you an offer. I have a Starfighter and a Morley's. I would be willing to send you either one to try and decide which you like. The Sportmax sounds like it is not an option right now with John crash and burned and he was always wait listed for seats anyhow. I also have a nice core I would sell/trade so you would have no down time. Sean is very fast turn around so I am plugging him for both that and the quality of the sewing he did for me. If you are a fat boy, he can do a double stuff option. The difference in seats to me are, the Starfighter is cupped more deeply, hence the feeling the flip up is taller and more supportive especially under hard accelleration. It also appears more flat across the ass. Seans gives me more comfort, still has the nice low look with a somewhat more rounded profile. Sean also has nice materials. I do have forward controls so that might make a difference. Can anyone vouch for Clintard?:punk:

I can't vouch for him as I don't know him but I don't think he's a bad guy... :confused2:

I will say that Seans seat is great. I need to send mine back to him for more stuffing in the seat though. It has just to little stuffing. I would suggest if you're a bigger guy that you go with a double stuff.

I'd actually prefer a bit harder foam too. NOT Corbin hard though.:biglaugh:

Chris

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this, im trying to get used to this forum again and cant figure out how to see updates on things ive subscribed to without hunting each one down.

That would be fantastic of you, if you would send the morley seat and let me test it out. I am a fatboy, i weigh in at a hefty 280 pounds. Can you tell by looking at it if it has been double stuffed or not? When you guys get these lowered seats, does it drive you nuts being more cramped by the stock pegs? Get me a quote for shipping to 62534 and i will pay both ways. Appreciate the offer!

Clintard, looks like you have been on this forum for a hundred years so I will make you an offer. I have a Starfighter and a Morley's. I would be willing to send you either one to try and decide which you like. The Sportmax sounds like it is not an option right now with John crash and burned and he was always wait listed for seats anyhow. I also have a nice core I would sell/trade so you would have no down time. Sean is very fast turn around so I am plugging him for both that and the quality of the sewing he did for me. If you are a fat boy, he can do a double stuff option. The difference in seats to me are, the Starfighter is cupped more deeply, hence the feeling the flip up is taller and more supportive especially under hard accelleration. It also appears more flat across the ass. Seans gives me more comfort, still has the nice low look with a somewhat more rounded profile. Sean also has nice materials. I do have forward controls so that might make a difference. Can anyone vouch for Clintard?:punk:

Latest posts

Back