Stock Headlight Rattle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i woulda put some foam over the airbox, but knew i'd be going to a morley kit eventually.

I was going to try that......maybe just make the current foam pieces a little bigger......

I shall experiment......:biglaugh:

I had a buzzing coming from the front too, at 3200- 4000 rpms running down the highway. Could not figure out what the hell it was. Finally I took my windscreen off and tightened the living crap out of it till i figure it was about to break the screws and mounting nuts. That changed the buzzing to 4500 - 4550 rpms and I figured fuck it, I'll live with it at that speed I could barely hear it anyway.
Now it's completely gone because my windscreen got busted last Saturday when my Max fell over. So now I'm buzz free.

the oem flyscreens buzz like crazy and also make the spring type thigns on the oem hoses vibrate i think

I had a buzzing coming from the front too, at 3200- 4000 rpms running down the highway. Could not figure out what the hell it was. Finally I took my windscreen off and tightened the living crap out of it till i figure it was about to break the screws and mounting nuts. That changed the buzzing to 4500 - 4550 rpms and I figured fuck it, I'll live with it at that speed I could barely hear it anyway.
Now it's completely gone because my windscreen got busted last Saturday when my Max fell over. So now I'm buzz free.

Sure Sorry to hear that Cowboy!! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I have snapped two bolts now that held the bucket to the frame and believe me when they snap they bounce all around the bucket and make one hell of a noise . :punk:
must have a bad vibration or harmonic in it somewhere to snap bolts all the time

Latest posts

Back