"Summerizing" the Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toolbelt here, broke my ankle in two places on Sunday. (Stumbled over garden hose and fell into the pool on Sunday morning. :bang head: )

Looks like I'll be in a cast and on crutches for at least two months, then not sure how long after that it will be before I'll be allowed to put significant weight on it (enough to ride again).

Garage stays fairly warm (60's) for the remainder of the winter here in Dallas, and I'm able to go out and start her up every couple of days, and I've got a battery tender, if need be.

How would you recommend putting her on the shelf over the next few months?

Thanks for any suggestions.

No need to start it up that often. Every 3-4 weeks is fine. Fill bike up and put a shot of Seafoam in and let it idle for a few minutes. Just turn the key every couple of days to keep the float bowls full. Use bread sacks/rubber band and cover the exhaust mufflers to keep moisture/dirt out of there.

Mark

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the ankle, :stickyman:as long as you didnt injure any tendons or ligaments you will be able to start walking as soon as your cast comes off. Just remember your calf muscles will be atrophied. As far as riding you should be ok, just do what the doc/physical therapist says. Trust me on that one. :whistlin:

Sorry to hear about the ankle, :stickyman:as long as you didnt injure any tendons or ligaments you will be able to start walking as soon as your cast comes off. Just remember your calf muscles will be atrophied. As far as riding you should be ok, just do what the doc/physical therapist says. Trust me on that one. :whistlin:

Will do. Stir crazy will set in, though. :damn angry:

No need to start it up that often. Every 3-4 weeks is fine. Fill bike up and put a shot of Seafoam in and let it idle for a few minutes. Just turn the key every couple of days to keep the float bowls full. Use break sacks/rubber band and cover the exhaust mufflers to keep moisture/dirt out of there.

Mark

Thanks for the advice. And I'll try to resist the urge to fire her up. :whistlin:

HOLY SHIT! Raging Main is Wayne Fucking Static. Rock on! I love those guys...I have all their stuff and saw them at Ozzfest 2007.

Mark

Back