Tank bag

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got a sidewind universal sport tank bad, its magnetic, holds lots.

I have the Joe Rocket Manta XL magnetic tank bag. I've had it for 3 years now and love it. It has held up well with no broken zippers, unraveling seams save for 1 zipper pull that the clip came undone and I lost the string/ clip. I just replaced it with one from a old backpack.
I keep the side flaps and the tail flap tucked into the bag and just use the 3 main magnets to hold it. I will put the side flaps down while traveling or if is really windy (30 mph winds that we get around here off of Lake Superior) but never use the tail flap.
I can carry a bottle of water, camera w/ case, Alpinestars winter gloves, cable lock, map, tire gauge, note pad/ pen, kickstand pad, windex wipes, flashlight ans some other small odds and ends.

I have the Joe Rocket Manta XL magnetic tank bag. I've had it for 3 years now and love it. It has held up well with no broken zippers, unraveling seams save for 1 zipper pull that the clip came undone and I lost the string/ clip. I just replaced it with one from a old backpack.
I keep the side flaps and the tail flap tucked into the bag and just use the 3 main magnets to hold it. I will put the side flaps down while traveling or if is really windy (30 mph winds that we get around here off of Lake Superior) but never use the tail flap.
I can carry a bottle of water, camera w/ case, Alpinestars winter gloves, cable lock, map, tire gauge, note pad/ pen, kickstand pad, windex wipes, flashlight ans some other small odds and ends.

Same here.....J/R Manta XL....but I cut the tail piece off, took the 5 little magnets out and placed one of them on each of the bikes oil filters. They are very powerful and will help grab any mettalic evil spirits that may be drifting by!

I run the Manta XL all the time, it's just too handy! :clapping:

Bike Bandit is having a sale from the 28th to the 2nd and they have a lot of bags on there, some the same as you guy's. gonna score one.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
I'm a huge Nelson-Rigg fan. They have the best warranty also. Lifetime free replacement. NewEnough has several sizes/types on sale and/or clearance.

While not a bag, I just picked up this tank bra with handy pocket off the local craigslist for a song. Nice leather, unused and covers my less than perfect paint (for now).

Anybody know where this came from? I can't find anything like it out there now.

Attachments

• DSCF1978.jpg
    DSCF1978.jpg
    85 KB

Thanks for all the help on bag suggestions. I went with the manta XL and like it a lot so far. :thumbs up:

At first, I was curios, but now I don't want to know why. I have a really sinister picture in my head of you screaming down the street, NOS flow'n and a scatter gun in your hand.

At first, I was curios, but now I don't want to know why. I have a really sinister picture in my head of you screaming down the street, NOS flow'n and a scatter gun in your hand.

Nah, calmed down considerably in my old age!!! Shit, I don't even have a .12 ga anymore.

These days it's only a .16....and I may go to a .20 within the next couple years.

Ahhh, the price of getting old!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Nah, calmed down considerably in my old age!!! Shit, I don't even have a .12 ga anymore.

These days it's only a .16....and I may go to a .20 within the next couple years.

Ahhh, the price of getting old!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

something about speak softly and carry a big stick...... i wouldnt count out the "old age guy" just yet, specially when he goes around with a full bottle of nos and cross hairs painted on his visor over one eye :th_termi-smilie:
:rofl_200:

Back