Tem Gauge Question.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patate657

Brownsville, tx
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At what temperature should the Auto fan come on? I don't have much patience, so I installed a direct switch and I use it at lights and slow stop signs. Kinda of scary here in South Texas with Hot days around the corner.

I see mine usually at the tiny black dot, at 3 o'clock. Sometimes a bit below, sometimes in stop & go traffic, a bit-above. Anything below pegging it into the red-zone, is OK. When the fan comes on and I'm in summer stop & go traffic, once I start to move the needle drops quickly.

Then I'll let it run and see what happens at that range. Ether way I've got the manual switch. When I got the bike started the first time, I thought everything was good but the temp went High. The second time before flushing the system again I removed the water manifold from the thermostat housing. It was plugged. Replaced it. I then removed the thermostat and tested it on the stove in boiling water. Worked fine. I guess I'm a little hesitant about letting it run high temp. We'll see.
Thank You guys for your info.... 👍

Latest posts

Back