the quest to jack up my bike...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if you don't have the room to do KJ's idea and you don' tlike to jack it up on the pipes you could get creative and make the tool fit the need by hacking away the part of the jack that hits the pipes. :biglaugh:

:confused2: Hey, you sure you have to remove the wheel to install the fender? I don't have to on my 85. Good luck, Spur

It's only on the older style fork that get to do this step, '95 and on up have to remove wheel to remove fender.
The hindles front exhaust pipes are stacked to the clutch side of the engine so maybe a simple support just on the oppisite side of the pipes that you slide in just befor the jack hits the pipes so the weight is supported by frame and pipes. Maybe just 2 blocks/ plywood on top of the jacks lifting points. You probably already thought of that but I thought I'd throw it into the mix all the same.

93+ you have to remove the wheel (or at least let it down). I've jacked up bikes on the side of the road by putting the sidestand down and jacking up them at an angle. They get some good lean to them but as long as the ground is solid on that side the kickstand will hold it fine. I've even just pulled the bike on over for quick repairs (front end adjustment) and held it while the work was done.

Sean

Back