This will be my carb cleaning

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think what you're doing is the right thing Ron.

Sean, I know you know what you're doing but I'd try a 152 main with the stock needle shimmed one up and stage 7 springs with stock slide hole. This works VERY well on my '06 with the same setup he has.

It's just a thought. I'd keep it as simple as possible for him. No disrespect Ron.

Chris

Thanks Chris I agree with you 100%, no offence taken at all... trust me my nickname on this stuff now is simpleton..........lol :rofl_200:

Just think of all the laughes we can have when we finally all get together and have a few beers.......lol

Ron

any jet kit is going to require more tuning, why not just keep them stock as can be at this point?

Ron, you have a dyno shop nearby, yes? what if sean cleans them, and then how much woudl they want to set your a/f screws with the o2 sniffer?

I do have a dyno nearby and can do that if needed but I don't want to pay for a jet kit and have it close to stock. I know I want Seans Kit in my bike, if not I would go with a stage 7. I want the performance a jet kit give it and I would like it to be as much of a beast a possible.

Ron

Ron, thats fine but it will (more likely than not) require fine tuning, and potentially changing mains. altho if you're comfortable removing the carbs at this point thats pretty easy.

I think what you're doing is the right thing Ron.

Sean, I know you know what you're doing but I'd try a 152 main with the stock needle shimmed one up and stage 7 springs with stock slide hole. This works VERY well on my '06 with the same setup he has.

It's just a thought. I'd keep it as simple as possible for him. No disrespect Ron.

Chris

We can for sure start out there. I can always send Ron the adjustable needles in the future if he needs them. Will save some money up front and he may be perfectly happy with them at that setup.
Sean

Nothing wrong with knowing your limits Ron, but I think I would have tried at this point anyway. I would have kept all the parts separated in boxes, if I could not put them back together then I would have sent Sean 4 boxes of parts to put back together :rofl_200:

Nothing wrong with knowing your limits Ron, but I think I would have tried at this point anyway. I would have kept all the parts separated in boxes, if I could not put them back together then I would have sent Sean 4 boxes of parts to put back together :rofl_200:

Sean even suggested that also......lol I am going to buy a set of carbs and I will use them to play and learn. Will be keeping my eye on Ebay

Ron

Latest posts

Back