To-do List: Your V-Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the same thing when I started my "build".

Now my list looks like such:
Wake up
Go to Work
Go to gym
Go home
Play with Eli
Put Eli to sleep
Go to sleep

lol I wouldn't have it any other way...

That being said, I DO need to get the bike out. I'll probably do it some time in late May. Too rainy and cold to even bother right now.

Chris

Sounds cool, you'll have to keep us updated. I'm looking at the koso rx-2n and trying to decide if it fits with my overall plan myself.

ya i've been eyeing the Rx2n 10k from the very first day i parked the max in the garage. but i don't know if it's really what i want to do. as such, it didn't make my top ten

1) SS Brake Lines
2) Drag Bars
3) Some paint in some different areas
4) Clutch kit for hotness
5) Reshape/Recover seat
6) Smaller O.D. grips (Lock-ons probably)
7) Lower bike 1-1.5", Progressives
8) Steering Dampener
9) HID Headlight
10) ?
I guess number 10 is the beginning of the NEXT top ten To- Do list!

1. Order new Muscle Seat from Sean.
2. Go visit my Commander so I can finally (legally) ride on base :)
3. Ride
4. Speed bleeders.
5. Ride more
6. Wind screen/flyscreen
7. Get the wife interested in riding again
7a. Get her something to ride and/or new helmet/gear.
8. Maybe some soft luggage
9. Lighten my Max 15-20 lbs starting with that part that connects the seat to the pegs and handlebars
10. Decide what to do with the old FZR ( restore, part out, sell, radical streetfighter project?)

I don't know that it is 'only for Vmax', since you can put it on most any bike. The only thing 'Vmax' about it is that speedo cable they offer. But hey, that's more then other providers do.

ya i've been eyeing the Rx2n 10k from the very first day i parked the max in the garage. but i don't know if it's really what i want to do. as such, it didn't make my top ten

So it has a mechanical-to-digital converter built in for the speedo cable? That's pretty cool.

I'm kind of a whore for the flashy lights and gizmos, and putting the tach in the proper place would be sweet. Give the Max a much needed instrumentation update...have the water temp, tach, speed, ect, all in one. Guess the fuel gauge and check engine would just be left disconnected but otherwise all the functions should apply. Nice thing about the digital speedo's is that they're programmable to like 1mm of circumference...so you can fine tune the setting against a GPS to get it spot-on accurate.

Only problem would be in that switching it in, you lose the odometer, unless there is some way to program the current miles in.

So it has a mechanical-to-digital converter built in for the speedo cable? That's pretty cool.

I'm kind of a whore for the flashy lights and gizmos, and putting the tach in the proper place would be sweet. Give the Max a much needed instrumentation update...have the water temp, tach, speed, ect, all in one. Guess the fuel gauge and check engine would just be left disconnected but otherwise all the functions should apply. Nice thing about the digital speedo's is that they're programmable to like 1mm of circumference...so you can fine tune the setting against a GPS to get it spot-on accurate.

Only problem would be in that switching it in, you lose the odometer, unless there is some way to program the current miles in.

now all you would need is a shift light. and a cool way to cover were the gauges use to be. as far as resetting the odmeter.( i've been wanting to turn mine back, so starting at zero is ok ) just put the stock one back on when you sell the max.:thumbs up:

Looks like the Koso already has a shift light.

I guess the OE tach would still work, but the temp gauge would be dead since you'd have to replace the sender. Since I put a water temp gauge on my factory temp is a dead one, but it really doesn't bother me...that panel is pretty much out of sight anyway.

Honestly the only time I really look down at it is to look for the neutral light if it's being a bit stubborn, but typically I find neutral as I'm still coasting to a stop and can always just feel it.

i was mostly interested in it for the fuel indicator, the extra temp gauge and a more headsup tach...as well as all the cool flashy lights. hehehehe. anyways at four-some-odd-hundred bucks plus shipping, it's gonna have to wait for a LOOONG time. here's the vid that hooked me:
KOSO Rx2n first startup

I thought about this one when I was redoing my instruments. This is quite the little beast, starting a little over $600.

Tach
Speedo
Volt
Sequential shift light
Sensor alarms
Oil press
Water temp
Lap timer
Accellorometer

Not as flashy as the koso, but it does it all.

http://www.stackltd.com/st700.html

It has a fuel gauge, but your bike doesn't have a sender so theres nothing to hook it up to. At best you might be able to wire it so the "fuel" light on the dash also trips the clusters fuel light as well.
Someone here rigged up a universal marine fuel sender for the vmax so I'm sure it's possible, but seems like a lot of work for something that really isn't much of an issue. Reset the trip meter at fillips and just go by the mileage.

And as much as I like the flashy lights and such, I honestly can't justify $400+ for it. I've got a shift light, water temp and oil pressure gauges, which pretty much cover all the bases to me. And with a new Metz me880 on the front, it reads almost spot on perfect when compared to a GPS.

Lemme get that FZR if it's the FZR400! ;)
If only it were a 400 :).
Actually, if you know of anyone with a 400 frame I have a perfectly good 600 motor to dump in and make a nice 4/6 special.

It has a fuel gauge, but your bike doesn't have a sender so theres nothing to hook it up to. At best you might be able to wire it so the "fuel" light on the dash also trips the clusters fuel light as well.

ya, i came to this realization as soon as read the write up of how to mod in an aftermarket gauge. but i still found consolation in that the dummy fuel light would be moved higher into my heads-up peripheral. but like you said at 400 bucks---i have more important mods at that price and even those are off my short list. i'm sure i could find a helluva lot cheaper way to move an idiot light up around the speedo if it really came down to life or death.

I need some kind of electronic speedo. This may be just the ticket. The price tag is painful though! This is the best price I found on the one I would like to have.

http://www.captwholesale.com/stack/stack_dash_display_st700_race_tach/st700sr01075/i-394746.aspx

I thought about this one when I was redoing my instruments. This is quite the little beast, starting a little over $600.

Tach
Speedo
Volt
Sequential shift light
Sensor alarms
Oil press
Water temp
Lap timer
Accellorometer

Not as flashy as the koso, but it does it all.

http://www.stackltd.com/st700.html

Just a speedo would be good for now. I would like to get a combo gauge up top though. It would allow me to eliminate the OEM tach and water temp gauges. Then I can add boost and fuel pressure in their place.

That is the ultimate goal for future. Not sure how attainable that is for right now.

Latest posts

Back