Top mods for bone stock 01?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks good to me Tom. SMM can be done in a day with a few helpers, but i'd say get some braces which are easy to install and save smm for winter. I did.

Chris[/QUOTE] Throttle lock... I have a throttlemeister throttle lock that just looks like a bar end.

Chris, Where did you get your Throttlemeister? I went to their webpage and they say the Vmax is N/A...:confused2:

Last edited:
Hey Tom, I prefer straight wound springs over Progressive wound as they offer a sportier feel and they handle better IMO. Progressive's are good as well.

SMM will take time. Quite a bit of time whereas the braces literally bolt right on. (unless you're running a Corbin seat) Try them, see what you think. You can always add SMM later.

I see Kuryakyn has some throttle locks now too. Check with Sean on them. He can get all things Kuryakyn.

Sounds like you have your list pretty well under control.

Chris, Where did you get your Throttlemeister? I went to their webpage and they say the Vmax is N/A...:confused2:

I just bought ones for 7/8" bars. They work great!

Check out Kuryakyns too! They have some I just saw in J&P's cat last night. Sean could get those.

I bought mine here: http://www.rlmotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/eShop/index.cgi

where do you guys buy your braces?

So far my favorite mod has to be the bar end mirrors. they update the look of the bike. My 2nd fav mod is the 120/170 tire setup. man the bike looks 100x bad ass. yamaha should have came with that from the go.

My least favorite mod has been the fan switch since i think that killed my battery ;) and the t-boost switch. i don't notice that much difference with the t-boost but for $45 it is a cool mod.

where do you guys buy your braces?

So far my favorite mod has to be the bar end mirrors. they update the look of the bike. My 2nd fav mod is the 120/170 tire setup. man the bike looks 100x bad ass. yamaha should have came with that from the go.

My least favorite mod has been the fan switch since i think that killed my battery ;) and the t-boost switch. i don't notice that much difference with the t-boost but for $45 it is a cool mod.

IMO less is more so I went with Dale Walkers Holeshot braces. Exactrep sells some as well.

Dales fit amazingly well and bolt on.

RMS Sportmax sells some but welding and painting is required.

Latest posts

Back