up trim

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcruzer

Reaction score
Been having problems with the idle lately out of know where. it stays up at about 15-1700 RPM's when I come to a stop, sometimes it comes down on its own, sometimes I blip the throttle and it comes back. Sometimes it doesn't do it at all. Anyone have this and know why?

Bad float maybe?Mine had a bad float and a good WOT would suck it down enough to free it...might be why some times revving it helps.But Im no guru.

Weak return springs???

Sticky throttle valve pivots???

Have you lubed your throttle cable??

Good idea dudes, I think I'll spay off the springs, lube the cables and exterior throttle pivot joints and throw some foam in it for good measure. Its got to be something simple, Max is my child, if she has the sniffles I usually know about it. LOL I'll post findings.

It seemed to be dry joints, I cleaned and sprayed the carb springs and it's better. Also think it may have been the cross over vac tube from my vacuum mod rubbing against the idle stop. Ive removed the right side lines and plugged the fittings with the factory caps and just use the two on the left side for pressure. I think its enough of a pulse between the two left cylinders to give the effect of a smoother idle, and still give you nice low end pull.

Latest posts

Back