Using a syringe to bleed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure how to test the clutch but under very heavy braking you'd notice it. i'd do a couple very hard braking tests, if there was water or contaminates it would kind of pulsate, as it wouldn't be able to keep the pressure.

Anyone ever try one of these? http://www.phoenixsystem.com/products_by_type/brake_bleeders/v12_brake_bleeder.htm I've heard they work great. This model can be had for around $100 from Amazon. They have a cheaper version too but I think it runs around $75 and you cannot rebuild it.

V-12? The Economy Professional Model Brake Bleeder

The V-12 is the second most popular tool in the Phoenix brake bleeder line. It performs just like the MAXPRO? and it has no problem making a short snack out of tough to bleed hydraulic systems.
It is ideal for the technician that bleeds systems two or three times a week (as opposed to two or three times a day like the PRO).
The easy to use V-12 provides a smooth pump action and a rubber grip for increased comfort and handling. It is made of high strength Zytel-nylon, offers a 12 ml stroke and is designed for light to medium use.
The V-12 lnjector is designed to inexpensively perform RFI, vacuum/pressure bleeding and master cylinder bench bleeding.
The V-12 is a redesign of the V-10 Injector. It has a smaller piston diameter that provides high hydraulic advantage. The V-12 can develop 125 psi, with comfortable hand force. The V-12 has improved ergonomics with a cushioned grip. To increase functionality a quick coupler was integrated into the end cap and the dosage adjustment was simplified.
The V-12 was also designed to be compatible with all types of brake fluids including D.O.T. 3,4,5 and synthetic blends.
The handle and body are made of high strength Zytel (glass reinforced nylon) which imparts metal like strength while retaining light weight comfort. The V-12 ergonomic design is compact and comfortable to use.

Model V-12

• Performs just like the MAXPRO?
  • Ideal for the tech the bleeds systems two or three times a week
  • Compatible with all types of brake fuilds
Price: $152.90

The plastic syringe I used to reverse-bleed my clutch line costs about $10 and did the job just fine. Don't think I'd wanna spend $100 on something like that..

I agree that $100+ dollars is highway robbery for a glorified syringe when a $5 tool will get the job done. BUT....Tools are cool. Just wondering if anyone out there has ever tried one and if they work as advertised.

Speed Bleeders

I was replacing the brakes on the 05, rear, so I was going to take the opportunity to bleed the brakes, never having done it before. I researched this fine site and others on the web before attempting it.

First I bought the Mityvac witht he gauge, $30, found that air was getting in around the bleed nipple and this was not making me to happy,,although it is a nice tool with many uses, just don't pay more than $30.

Next I called the Speed Bleeder people in Ill. and ordered the complete set, with the long stem and the bleeder bag. Bag with a great silicone hose, high quality was $6 and the bleeders were $7 each, metal was the same as original and you could get it in CNC machined SS for $15 each.

Installing them was simply leaving the cap on the M/C to help hold a vacum and then removing the old bleeder after cleaning well around them and then gently and quickly finger threading the new Speed Bleeders in, making sure as to not cross thread and then seating them to the factory torque specs. There is a sealer on the threads so you can only hand tighten them for a small distance. The longer nipple was very handy as you could get a nice firm grip with the hose that came with the bleeder bag. I then put the dot-4 in the rear M/C and cycled the brake lever and watched the air bubbles bleed out, and all new fluid in, one man job and worked just as advertised. I also only had to open the Speeds 1/4 for them to begin the bleed process.

The speed bleeders are good for around 8 bleeds until the sealant gets worn and then you can, for $10, get new sealant to apply to them. But the way I look at it changing fluid every 2 years means 16 years of use for these bleeders, longer than most will have the bike.

I think these are really a slick item.

Latest posts

Back